Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any new spots for next year? >

Any new spots for next year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any new spots for next year?

Old 04-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any new spots for next year?

I was just curious how many on here have any new spots picked out for next year. I have 3 new spots on a totally new piece of public land and 5 (will probably be more by the time we are all done) on our family farms. The ones on the new, by new I mean new to me, public land really have me excited. 2 of them are in what seem to be major funneling areas that were just torn up with rubs and scrapes last year and the other is located in an extremely out of the way spot that gets choked by a very steep ravine and should funnel them right past the stand. I love hunting new ground, and this ground seems like it could hold some REALLY big deer. I just keep thinking of that first time up in a new stand and all of the excitement and anxiety that comes with it. Is it October yet?
Old 04-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any new spots for next year?

I do have a new spot picked out .... public land too! There aren't a ton of Bow Hunters out here, so this year I am determined to capitalize on that. My buddy took a nice 8 point last season from the area, (it was his first year deer hunting) and I am exciting about hunting with him, as I can't on the private land I hunt. ... My goal is to fill the freezer fast with a few nice doe, and then wait for a wall hanger ... I can't wait!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Just two......the one I just gained access to for turkey hunting. It's only 11 acres.....but it's land-locked.....and I saw some sign in there the other day when I was scouting turkeys.

The other....the land in and around my new food plot (food plot is 2-3acres). 17 acres....and I KNOW the deer are in there.

It doesn't take a big piece of property to produce deer harvests. That's been proven time and time again.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dunno Jeff, that flagpole stand ya got seems to produce well for ya [8D]
Old 04-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

I was just curious how many on here have any new spots picked out for next year. I have 3 new spots on a totally new piece of public land and 5 (will probably be more by the time we are all done) on our family farms. The ones on the new, by new I mean new to me, public land really have me excited. 2 of them are in what seem to be major funneling areas that were just torn up with rubs and scrapes last year and the other is located in an extremely out of the way spot that gets choked by a very steep ravine and should funnel them right past the stand. I love hunting new ground, and this ground seems like it could hold some REALLY big deer. I just keep thinking of that first time up in a new stand and all of the excitement and anxiety that comes with it. Is it October yet?
PM GPS coordinates Please
Old 04-06-2007, 06:37 AM

Jeff mentioned turkey property...Up here in Indiana we don't have nearly as many turkey hunters as we do deer hunters so it is MUCH easier to get land to turkey hunt on. Past week I went knocking on doors along the Wabash River buttom and gained permission to hunt around 2000 acres total...I'm pretty excited!!! Is it April 25th yet???
Old 04-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MossyOak722

Jeff mentioned turkey property...Up here in Indiana we don't have nearly as many turkey hunters as we do deer hunters so it is MUCH easier to get land to turkey hunt on. Past week I went knocking on doors along the Wabash River buttom and gained permission to hunt around 2000 acres total...I'm pretty excited!!! Is it April 25th yet???
yeah I agree. I'm a hoosier too. But I generally go to hoosier national. There's a few people there for the season, but it's not too bad. And as long as you know where the birds are holding you're fine. I enjoy it quite a bit. Me and the hunting buddies go down and camp. It's a good time.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: huntingson

PM GPS coordinates Please
I already told you where that place was. You've got to keep better notes
Old 04-06-2007, 06:56 AM

Bowtech,
Love the name! haha I go to Purdue and me and a few buddies were thinking about heading down to Hoosier for a weekend to camp and hunt. There a lot of birds down there? I've been watching about 30 different birds every evening on one of my new properties so getting a bird won't be a problem...Just think it would be neat to go down and camp with my buddies in such a beautiful place!! Where in Indiana are you from?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 AM

I just received permission for a 40 acre farm of good bottomland....Couple of really good funnels that I'm gonna try during the rut...All day sit type places...

Quick Reply: Any new spots for next year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.