Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

proshop dilemma

Old 04-01-2007, 10:07 AM

Default RE: proshop dilemma

Again, great points guys. Like i said before, I have asked him why he doesn't carry bowtech...He stated that he wants to, but he said due to 2 other shops in the vacinity, that he was unable to. (i don't know if it is true, but thats what he said),
He's not lying to you, it's something called "territorial rights." All Pro Shop only bows have that. Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech.....all of them. We tried to get Bowtech at our shop as well, and there is another shop w/in the 30 mile radius that sells them, so we CAN'T carry them....Read that correctly, Bowtech WILL NOT let us sell them because of territorial rights....
Old 04-01-2007, 10:11 AM

I'm also wondering why you want a Bowtech. Not that they don't make great bows - but did you arrive at that decision out of emotion, advertising hype, or by shooting a lot of bows and Bowtech is the only one you can shoot well? I'm sure if you objectively try Mathews and Hoyt bows, there will be one that you will shoot really well. They are all top-of-the-line bows. Remaining loyal to a shop that you like will only enhance your long term relationship with that shop.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 AM

Mobow is right.
None of the companies will put dealers on every corner.
That is a good thing.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Again, great points guys. Like i said before, I have asked him why he doesn't carry bowtech...He stated that he wants to, but he said due to 2 other shops in the vacinity, that he was unable to. (i don't know if it is true, but thats what he said),
He's not lying to you, it's something called "territorial rights." All Pro Shop only bows have that. Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech.....all of them. We tried to get Bowtech at our shop as well, and there is another shop w/in the 30 mile radius that sells them, so we CAN'T carry them....Read that correctly, Bowtech WILL NOT let us sell them because of territorial rights....
Well I am glad he wasn't feeding me a bunch of bull. Good to know

TFOX- Your make a good point about giving their bows a fair chance. Your right, I am a little nervous about some of the things they say about the customer service of Elite, although I have heard some very good things about their product. I will have to find out first hand, rather than believe what I hear.

Roskoe- I guess I leaned towards bt because of little of everything (i'll be honest) emotion, hype,feedback and I hadn't broadened my search.

I am lucky, I have all the major line of bows within a 25 mile radius of my house. I need to take advantage of that.Ineed totake my own piece of advice that I have given people here and shoot everything andthen make a decision. And after, if i still like the bt, then I will be honest with them, and buy the bow that I want.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:16 PM

I have been going through the same thing you have now for years. The shop i shoot leagues at carried mainly hoyt and i didnt like them (til i shot the Vectrix) so i bought my Bowtech from another dealer. The owner never said a word about my desicion. Did I feel guilty for not buying a bow from him? You bet.Still do. But I love the feel of my bow and couldnt stand the bows he sold, so i went with what was best for me. Just last spring I went on a Texas pig hunt with a group of guys including the shop owner, so I know he had no feeling about me buying a bow elsewhere. I spent hundreds of dollars in his shop from shooting Dart leagues, arrows, and other accessories so I dont think he cared where i bought my bow.Another thing is I dont think Dealers make that much on the slae of a bow anyway.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Have you given their bows a fair chance? Try them first before a decision has been made to go somewhere else.

I believe that if the shop has catered to you and has allowed you to shoot free,you owe them that much.

If You can't shootor don't like any of their bows,then explain it to them and do what you have to.

I would buy from the ones I am comfortable with.

Look at the Elite,a bowtech with better limbs.[8D](I know I will catch flack for that one)Elite is a new company and you would have a right to be nervous about them.

I am sponsored through 1 shop but could get better sponsorship through another that sells Hoyt but I don't trust the other shop and really like who I am with now,not going to change.
I agree with TFOX ..... The top name bows are soooooo close ..... I would give my business to the shop I loved ...great service is harder to come by than a great bow
Old 04-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

MOmightymite- Do you get your bow worked on by him or do you just buy accessories from him? If i choose the bt, i think i would get my bow worked on from the shop I buy it from, I would still buy my accessories and shoot at my current shop.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ranger ... I would love to have a pro shop I trust close to me ... the place I bought my bow from .... I don't trust them at all ... they have an awesome range ...40 yard 3d indoor .... but they said so many things contrary to those in the know on HNI, ...... so I bought most of my accessories from Double Lung Archery I am currently on the hunt for a trustworthy proshop ....

I'll say it again ... great bows are everywhere ... great pro shops are not
Old 04-01-2007, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Ranger10

MOmightymite- Do you get your bow worked on by him or do you just buy accessories from him? If i choose the bt, i think i would get my bow worked on from the shop I buy it from, I would still buy my accessories and shoot at my current shop.
Yes as a matter of fact I have got work done by him. I had my bow tuned by him and he got it set-up to shoot. Have you tried the Cardiac yet? I have heard nothing but good things about them. You never know it may be the bow for you and you wouldnt have to worry about your situation.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

No I have not shot the cardiac yet. It is now on my list of bows to shoot along with others.

Quick Reply: proshop dilemma

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.