Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 which BRAND of bow woud you buy? >

which BRAND of bow woud you buy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mathews
25.74%
PSE
5.94%
Parker
5.94%
Genesis
0%
RedHead
0.99%
Browning
0.99%
Fred Bear
5.94%
Martin
3.96%
Other
50.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

which BRAND of bow woud you buy?

Old 03-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: which BRAND of bow woud you buy?

Other.......Hoyt....
Old 03-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Other... Bowtech.

Now, having said that... You'd REALLY buy a bow based on a bunch of one-word answers from unseen people whom you don't know? YOU'RE the one who's got to be happy with your purchase -- no matter which brand or model you end up with.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:39 PM

I would buy the bow that felt the best to me.
Brands that I have owned are

XI (2)
Hoyt (3)
Darton (2)
Bowtech (1)
Mathews (1)

Try as many as you can and buy the best one for you. Trying out bows is the fun, paying for them is not!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

It sounds like money might be an issue here. This is his 1st bow. Maybe he doesn't want to invest a thousand dollars in his first bow. With that said I would go with a lower endPSE from what you listed in your poll. Then after a year or two move up to a high end bow from any of the big 3.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The brand of bow you shoot isn't any more pertinent to bow hunting then the brand of underwear you sport.

What is important here is that you need to get a bow that FITS YOU and that YOU LIKE.

I got my first bow at a pawn shop for $60 and killed a pile of deer and hogs with it. I didn't have to put a lot of money into it. I spent another $45 at a proshop having it tuned and dropped $50 on arrows and I was ready to rock. I was in the woods, that was what was most important to me.

Now, 6 years later, I work in the archery industry for a living. I have more bows than anyone could ever need.

If you want a bow that is super fast and super smooth, and have the money to burn, I would get a 2007 BowtechAllegience. I shot one the other day, 60#, 29" draw with a 367gr arrow (speed cams), 305fps! Zero shock, very accurate. But, that bow is anywhere from $675 to $775 for just the bow!

I think that the most "bang for your buck" is the Bear Instinct. They have a package deal out now at Bass Pro for $350. Bow, quiver, sight, whisker busicuit and stabilizer. All you need is a release and arrows and a peep and you are ready to go.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:32 AM

Try them all!
Go find a PRO SHOP
as a first bow, I thinkit will be important to get expert advise and help.

GO TO A PRO SHOP!

Good luck and welcome to the madness we all love!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:01 AM

Bowtech, Mathews or Parker.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ross, Darton, or any of the above listed.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

The brand of bow you shoot isn't any more pertinent to bow hunting then the brand of underwear you sport.

What is important here is that you need to get a bow that FITS YOU and that YOU LIKE.

I got my first bow at a pawn shop for $60 and killed a pile of deer and hogs with it. I didn't have to put a lot of money into it. I spent another $45 at a proshop having it tuned and dropped $50 on arrows and I was ready to rock. I was in the woods, that was what was most important to me.

Now, 6 years later, I work in the archery industry for a living. I have more bows than anyone could ever need.

If you want a bow that is super fast and super smooth, and have the money to burn, I would get a 2007 BowtechAllegience. I shot one the other day, 60#, 29" draw with a 367gr arrow (speed cams), 305fps! Zero shock, very accurate. But, that bow is anywhere from $675 to $775 for just the bow!

I think that the most "bang for your buck" is the Bear Instinct. They have a package deal out now at Bass Pro for $350. Bow, quiver, sight, whisker busicuit and stabilizer. All you need is a release and arrows and a peep and you are ready to go.

Good Posting!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:14 AM

You can't buy a bow based on a pole. Go out and shoot them for yourself. NOBODY CAN TELL YOU WHAT IS THE BEST.

Quick Reply: which BRAND of bow woud you buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.