HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   which BRAND of bow woud you buy? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/186642-brand-bow-woud-you-buy.html)

bigaggie77 03-31-2007 07:24 PM

which BRAND of bow woud you buy?

alright guys, help me out...I've never bow hunted and I'm going to go all out this year and buy me a nice bow....based on the out come of this POLL.

So tell me which brand of bow would you buy or have you bought?

JFergus7 03-31-2007 07:29 PM

RE: which BRAND of bow woud you buy?

Don't know how you can have that question without Hoyt on the list!

Hoytteen 03-31-2007 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

Don't know how you can have that question without Hoyt on the list!
Amen Brotha!

JFergus7 03-31-2007 07:30 PM

You are also missing Bowtech. Those two are probably the most popular two on these forums!

solocamcan 03-31-2007 07:31 PM

You forgot 2 heavy hitters in Hoyt and Bowtech, I'd add those 2 and delete 2 of the other's you have listed. But the true answer to your question is, money doesn't buy you the "best". The "best" bow for your money is the one that you can shoot good with, feels the best in your hand, and list goes on. You need to go to several different places and start shooting different brands, and make mental notes, or write down the plus' and negative's of each one, then tally out the score.

Zdeerslayer 03-31-2007 07:34 PM

Don't forget Ross and Diamond, two very good brands.

Washington Hunter 03-31-2007 07:37 PM

There is an "Other" option, fellas.

My vote goes for Bowtech.

mobow 03-31-2007 07:40 PM

My top 3 picks would be Hoyt, Ross and Reflex. Someone looking for a new bow, IMO, would be NUTS to not at least look at the Reflex line. For the money, they just can't be beat.....

passthru79 03-31-2007 07:41 PM

Id deffinetly have to go with Ross even though it isnt on the list.

grizzly_hackle36 03-31-2007 08:02 PM

The first three on my list would be Bowtech, PSE and Hoyt. If you don't have the money to go high end, the next three would be Diamond, PSE and Reflex. I do agree with solo above, go out and shoot everything you can get your hands on. Then buy the one you were the most comfortable and confident with, no matter the price, high or low. You can't buy good shooting form or tight groups, that only comes from practice, practice, practice. You'll be more inclined to practice if you feel you've got your bow.