Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said? >

Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said?

Old 03-27-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said?

I caught the tail end of spirit of the wild and Ted Nugent had Jim Zumbo on it. He was telling Zumbo how he needed to support all guns ect. I was just wondering what was said.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:16 PM

Default RE: Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said?

Run on a search on Google, you'll find out all about it.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zumbo is now apologizing for the remarks he made. He said he is now in a learning process about these types of weapons and is dedicating his life to promote all types of guns and the 2nd Amendment. He seamed pretty heart-broken about his remarks and just wanted to say that when he said them he wasn't educated enough about these guns. Him and Ted even went to shoot a couple AR-15's together at Ted's ranch. I like what Ted said about calling them "assault" weapons, "I could hit you with a brick and call it an assault weapon". I just realized this may be in the wrong forum.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:50 PM

I always liked his articles in outdoor life I believe him when he says hes sorry. I'm just wondering what hes sorry about hopefully hes sorry for his ignorance and not because hes losing sponsors. And Ir I agree I think I posted this in the wrong forum, but it had Ted in it and he sometimes bowhunts so maybe it'll be alright

Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am watching the Spirit of the Wild episode now and Ted never actually said. It is pretty funny watching Jim shoot a pink camo firearm!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Back in February Zumbo posted a blog on his Outdoor Life website stating that AR-15 or any type of automatic gun was considered a "Terrorist weapon". Virtually over night the internet was buzzing with those remarks and people were requesting his head on a platter. The people won and Zumbo lost his sponsors, tv show, editor position, and over 30 years of outdoor credibility. As WH said do a google search for Zumbo blog and you will find the entire blog as well as many remarks about it.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Ted didn't give him a free pass, either. I watched the show, last night, with an open mind. I think Jim's sincere. I was happy to hear their dialogue.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most poeple get sincere when they loose their meal ticket! The mouth piece has no buisness on my TV!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Most poeple get sincere when they loose their meal ticket! The mouth piece has no buisness on my TV!
Ditto. I never really like Zumbo, and I tend to think that the first thing people say is what they really mean/believe, so now apologizing like he's had some sort of epiphany is bogus to me. $$$$ is the motivator IMHO.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Zumbo had more than ample time to amend his words before hitting "enter", and he didn't. He meant every word he said, and he deserved what he got. No apology after the fact is sincere enough for me to ever take him seriously again.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.