Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said? >

Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said?

Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said?

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Most poeple get sincere when they loose their meal ticket! The mouth piece has no buisness on my TV!
Agreed! Its gonna take a lot more than that for most to forgive him. He called anyone who owns/hunts with an AR-15 or other high cap semi-auto riflea TERRORIST! I have 4 friends over in Iraq or Afghanistan right now, fighting REAL terrorists. Now politics are starting to pick up Zumbo's words too (look in the Gun forum for reactions to that one) Zumbo can kiss my rosie red one, he ain't gettin off that easy.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is funny that a man who has made his living writing about guns and ballistics related to hunting can all of a sudden claim he was ignorant about guns. He is a real piece of work, and nothing with him involved in it will get one second of my time or one cent of my money.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a really sad deal , Jim Zumbo has apologized for his wrong thinking and has reconsidered , I have nothing but praise for the guy for being able to admit he was wrong. He lost allot because of this . Now consider jimmy houston , the small small man that hes is , and what he did and no apologies that I have heard , and the guy is still raking in cash . No one said this world is fare , and this is a good example of injustice , and double standards , jimmy houston should be shunned by all , 0 respect for that person .
Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree about Houston ijimmy, anyone that runs down the second amendment like that need to be shunned away from stardom if you ask me, of course Zumbo is going to reconsider what he said. He was droped almost instantly by all his sponsers. He is just as big of a POS as Houston is!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:46 PM

I agree about Houston ijimmy, anyone that runs down the second amendment like that need to be shunned away from stardom if you ask me, of course Zumbo is going to reconsider what he said. He was droped almost instantly by all his sponsers. He is just as big of a POS as Houston is!
Exactly! I was never a Jimmy Houston fan, and what he said was wrong too. But the funny thing with words is that you can't take them back. I can forgive for words, he (Zumbo)understands that he screwed up, but the damage is already done to the sport and image of hunters/gun owners. Houston and Zumbo are no different to me now, regardless of whether or not they tried to retract their statements.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 PM

I will not support anything knowing Houston is involved with it, just like i will not support anything knowing Zumbo is a part of it. Both are scum.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Banned

Most poeple get sincere when they loose their meal ticket! The mouth piece has no buisness on my TV!
Yep. The dude is a tool.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Banned

You're on a roll buddy. I wouldn't pee on either of them to put them out if they were on fire.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BackwoodsBuck

I will not support anything knowing Houston is involved with it, just like i will not support anything knowing Zumbo is a part of it. Both are scum.
Well said.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually watched the show last night, first time I'd watched in a LLLlllllooooong time, BUT I can actually beleive Jimbo that he was uneducated about AR's. He handled them like he had never handled one before. He didn't know a dang thing about them, or how they opperated. I think good is going to come out of this. There are many MANY hunters that are much like Jim in that they favor a certain aspect of hunting, for instance lots of guys only hunt upland birds, or some guys only hunt with archery, BUT when it comes time to defend another hunter that uses an AR, these guys won't/don't stick up for them because they aren't educated about the guns and the validity of thier use in hunting. So, if it comes to apublicvoteon a possible ban of them, these hunters will vote to ban them. Why not, it won't effect how they hunt!
So, I'm hoping that this fire storm will actually open the eyes of all hunters that just because of the weapon I choose, or the weapon you choose to hunt with, we got to stick together! Jim aknowledged last night that he could retire right now, BUT he so chooses to learn from his mistake and move forward to educate those like him and to fight like never before for the 2nd amendment. If he follows through, then I'm behind him!
I just ordered a new AR today! 12 week wait for it and I can't wait!

Quick Reply: Does anyone know what Jim Zumbo said?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.