Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guardian Shooters...Is it worth it? >

Guardian Shooters...Is it worth it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guardian Shooters...Is it worth it?

Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 AM

Default RE: Guardian Shooters...Is it worth it?

Absolutely, get the bow! First off, the Guardian is bad-ass! Second, you want it. Need I say more? Dont know about you, but everything I do revolves around archery hunting. Get the bow! You will always wish you did, if you dont.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 AM

If you get this bow you may be compelled to do more shooting and less school work. I finally got my bow after a 3 month wait, it was well worth the money and well worth the wait.

The guardiean is a very smoothe shooting good feeling bow, my 2 concerns at this point is the amount of tension the cable slide puts on the cables and the draw curve. The cable problem for me has been solved by keeping plenty of wax on the string (wax after every 80 shots). The draw curve isn't too bad, I can definetly live with it. The reason I bring up the draw curve is b/c right before the break over point it feels more like 80lbs not 70. My father tried to shoot it and couldn't even get it drawn back. He is used to shooting 70# which is what my bow is sset-up for and he couldn't get it to break over. Another minor thing is the string leeches, mine broke off after about 300 shots, thats ok though b/c the bow is just as quiet as it was before they came off.

This bow is very quiet, shock free, viberation free, and pretty fast. You can look at my signature and see the speed and arrow weight. If there is any questions you can PM me. GET THE BOW
Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Guardian review with Videos!
http://www.huntingnet.com/articles/articles.aspx?articles_id=540
Old 03-28-2007, 09:17 PM

I think anything is "worth it" if you are going to get use out of it. Bow prices are quickly getting to the point though that many people are going to be questioning this very topic.........especially when so many bows exist today for half that price that will still smoke a deer no problem.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:58 AM

depends on your money situation... if you are rich why not? my roommate got one and untill he put all the acc. on it the price was around $1100... I have a pearson z-34 and there isnt that much of a difference between the bows for a $400 difference.. I'm actually shooting 15fps faster than him, but i have a 31inch draw compared to his 28 inch draw.. its all up to u and your wallet. and you know by next year all these bows will be outdated anyways.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

being a collage student i would save my money for more importent things like food,clothes,tuition,& rent. also why change what you shoot now your shooting lights out & your bow is a killing machine. just my thousands of dollars opinion. love dad
lol thats funny, and after reading it I don't know what to tell you. lolI remeber buying my first bow brand newwhen I was a sophmore inhigh school and my dad was not happy at all.My bow I was shooting then was used when I bought it but it still worked. I can remember my dad saying about what your saying to your son. That new bow killed my first bull elk, and several others in additon to a few deer. So when I wanted to buy another bow 6 years later, I think my dad was flat out pissed about it. Even today he doesn't understand, when I have new bow. I am 32 years old and I work part time in a bow shop and I have several new bows. But he is not a bowhunter so he doesn't understand. Oh well we just have to agree to disagree.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Host of Hosts

TRYKONOISSEUR...which bow do you like better, your Vectrix or your Guardian and why?

Well as of right now I like my Vectrix better. I have shot it alot more than I have the Guardian and it just fits and is more comfortable right now. It is also a bit smoother on the draw at the same weight. I like the Guardian and agree that it is everything and more than advertised. It's super quiet, very accurate and dead on the shot. When 3-D gets rolling I'll be shooting it more and I know after I get more used to the differences in the bows I'll be calling that one my favorite.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kfish2258

being a collage student i would save my money for more importent things like food,clothes,tuition,& rent. also why change what you shoot now your shooting lights out & your bow is a killing machine. just my thousands of dollars opinion. love dad
MO ... is that really your dad? If not, kfish2258, that post is hilarious ....quite an entrance to the forums .....where are ya?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

MO ... is that really your dad? If not, kfish2258, that post is hilarious ....quite an entrance to the forums .....where are ya?
Yup sure is. He thinks he's alot funnier than he is. Actually after i got his post i called him and we both had a good laugh over it.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Yup sure is. He thinks he's alot funnier than he is. Actually after i got his post i called him and we both had a good laugh over it.
No, he really is that funny. I'm sure he'll be laughing when I do some whoopin on the 3D course Sunday.