Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 fixed blade broadheads? >

fixed blade broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fixed blade broadheads?

Old 03-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fixed blade broadheads?

MUZZY, I do not believe I will ever shoot anything else.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wheatley

The only problem is the Montecs have a problem with the tips breaking and they will not replace them. Search for reviews on the montec and you will find them.

Magnus stands by their product and will replace anything with a lifetime warranty. I am not sure about wacems warranty.
I've never once had that problem, nor heard of anyone that has. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but it sure sounds to me like it's something that is extremely rare. My Montecs have worked flawlessly for me. I'd recommend them to anybody for any animal. It'll put 'em down.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had problems with Muzzys in the past. Also the blades bend/break easily. I double lunged a deer and the blades got all bent up on a ribcage passthrough.

I now shoot Tightpoint broadheads. They fly like fieldpoints and are extremely durable.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM

Thunderhead 100 grn for me. Also Rocky premier series is outstanding as well
Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 PM

i shot the muzzy mx-4 last fall. they worked great.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Qoute: Wheatley

The only problem is the Montecs have a problem with the tips breaking and they will not replace them. Search for reviews on the montec and you will find them.

Magnus stands by their product and will replace anything with a lifetime warranty. I am not sure about wacems warranty.

I shot montecs last year and blew through many deer and had them stick in the ground and never had one break or get much more than a little nick in them. I wouldnt blame G5 a bit if they didnt replace a snapped broadhead. In my opinion if your snapping broadheads off, your either not hitting what your suppose to or your blowing through the targets and hitting something behind them and to me that is a sign of a good broadhead.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Spike

I am totally sold on Slick Tricks. They are VERY strong and everybody that I know who has shot them out of a bow which was tuned well with field points, has had the sameEXACT performance out to 50 yards and even beyondwhen putting on a ST. If they don't perform to your satisfaction they will refund your $ with no questions asked. Due to that guarantee you can't lose by trying them.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks alot guys for all the imputs! im def gonna have to try the G5 montecks!! ill let yah know how they work!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never had the problem with the G5's but while researching them I found a few people that did and they each said that they would not replace them. How they got damaged I will never know, but a company that is not willing to replace a few heads is not worth trying IMO.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:12 AM

The biggest problem I have with the Montecs is you have to resharpen the blades yourself and they are not SUPER sharp to begin with. This leads to 2 potential problems IMO........practicing little if at all with heads out of fear of dulling them.......and/or subpar sharpness after a home touch up (They are not the easiest head to sharpen) Other then that they seem to be a very good BH.

Magnus Stingers fly better then any fixed blade head I have tried, they are sharper then any head I have tried, and they have replaceable blades. They leave some pretty big holes as well.

Quick Reply: fixed blade broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.