Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your furthest Robin Hood??? >

What's your furthest Robin Hood???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your furthest Robin Hood???

Old 03-15-2007, 08:25 PM

Default What's your furthest Robin Hood???

I have a little story that I would like to share:

I picked up a bow for the first time in my life last Sept. I mean, as a child, of course i made countless longbows out of string and green Hickory stick....lol Anyhow, I bought a 2003 Diamond Hornet from a buddy of mine (which I have for sale at the moment...PM me if interested...70#/29"). I couldnt keep a 10" at 20 yards. Exactly 1 week later, I brought my groups down to 2" at 20 yards and had my first Robin Hood. I didnt keep the Robin Hood in tack because the 2nd arrow was still shootable. 3 days later, I was shooting out back behind my office like I do everyday. I had another Robinhood ; at 30 yards this time. My business partner was at lunch, so I saved it to show him. I had it laying there on my tailgate when he drove up from lunch. When he stepped out of his truck, I told him, "Hey, come see what I did while you were gone." Then I drew back and fired another at 30 yards....that now familiar sound occurred again. Another robinhood. My partner said, "Wow, look at that!!! Nice shot." Then I showed him the first one.....lol

Anyway, I regret not keeping at least one of these robin hoods. I really didnt know how proud I would be of it here 6 months later. I havent had anymore since then, but i dont shoot the same dot unless its 40+ yards. If I ever get another one, I will keep it.

I am just curious to hear about peoples robinhoods and how far out they've been able to achieve them.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: What's your furthest Robin Hood???

40 yards.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last summer on a local field archery course I shot a 68 yard robin hood with a GT pro 22 out of a open class 3D rig. The arrow had easton 2115 components in the rear of it.............[8D]
Old 03-15-2007, 08:40 PM

I never have but I've split the nocks a bunch with the target I shoot the arrows move so you can't get a robin hood
Old 03-15-2007, 08:42 PM

Wow....that's awesome Rick!!! I've slapped the shafts together at 40 yards, and I have even broken a nock at 40 yards. That's the closest to a Robinhood beyond 30 yards that I've had.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Dominant Buck

I quit shooting at the same dot after the second one from 20 yds.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

My first two Robinhood's were at 30 yards during the first few years I was shooting more seriously. I shot alot more often back then. I have only shot three since then and that was about 10 years ago.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:29 AM

My longest one was at 60 yards, but it was accidental so I wasn't that impressed.

Some of the ones I have been impressed with though were I once robin hooded two 1714 Eclipses cut to 21 inches and shooting with a 4 inch overdraw while goofing around practicing for 3 spots at 20 yards. 1714's are SKINNY by the way!

Another one was when I robin hooded two 2213's, one a bare shaft at 20 yards. At that point I decided my bow was tuned close enough.

Another one was when I robin hooded two 1816's with glue on nocks (hard to robin hood those because the back of the shaft tapers to a point). I did it during a vegas three spot shoot. Too bad I shot the wrong target that already had an arrow in it and it didn't count[:@]. That one I actually kept and still have in my bedroom, I need to hang it on the wall at some point.

I have robin hooded enough arrows that I get sort of upset when I do it. I don't get two excited anymore though unless I am actually trying to do it. Most robin hoods are accidental in my opinion.

Paul
Old 03-16-2007, 05:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Last summer on a local field archery course I shot a 68 yard robin hood with a GT pro 22 out of a open class 3D rig. The arrow had easton 2115 components in the rear of it.............[8D]
WOA....Maybe I cant outshoot you Matt.
Longest one for me...15 yards. But, I have had two this year, and plan on a few more.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:56 AM

2 at 25 yards, 1 at 20, and one at a little under 20

Quick Reply: What's your furthest Robin Hood???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.