Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your furthest Robin Hood??? >

What's your furthest Robin Hood???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your furthest Robin Hood???

Old 03-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your furthest Robin Hood???

1 at 20 yards
Old 03-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did one at 60 yards sighting in Broadheads, Had 2 others at 40, and have a bundle of them out in the shed from other yardages. I only have a couple from the last 20 years since switching to multiple Dot targets.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my one and only at 40 yards.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:38 PM

20 yrds
Old 03-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, for the last time. Having 18 arrows stuck in a target and splitting one is not a Robin Hood. You want a true Robin Hood you shoot an arrow into your target and say YO JugHeads, check this out, I'm going to shoot a Robin Hood. Then proceed to do the deed. Good luck with it. Yes I have shot the ass end out of a bunch of arrows over the years but I never called one successfully. Thats gospel guys, like it or not.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

One shot groups. I shoot one arrow and make it count. I started that mind frame after busting up expensiveshafts and accessories.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

My farthest was 2 years ago at 35yds. It was pretty awesome because it was a pure 2 shot robinhood on an arrow that was swinging probably 20 degrees in the X on a bag target hanging from a frame. The first shot got it swinging pretty good and the next one caught the swing just right and slammed a pin nock bushing a foot down into the shaft.........if any of you guys shoot pin nocks then you know what sort of straight on hit it takes to robinhood one.[:-]

I've shot pin nocks and or G-nockuni bushingsfor the last 10-12yrs........I figure if I didn't shoot them I'd probably have more robinhoods than I have arrows. They really take a beating and save a ton of shafts from getting the next one sucked in.
I won't shoot groups under 30 yards.....even with solid bushings you can really beat up arrows in a hurry.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:58 PM

An old style Beman Hunter at 40 yards. I never shoot the same spot at less than that.

So Motown, if there's only 2 arrows in the target, one in the center of the bull and the other in the center of the first, does that count? At 40 yards you can't even see one of those black nocked little Bemans in the bull to aim at.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Had one at 20 yards on a indoor league. 5 spot is the way to go, saves on buying new arrows
Old 03-16-2007, 06:07 PM

25 yards. I don't shoot multiple shots at the same area anymore. Too expensive!

Quick Reply: What's your furthest Robin Hood???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.