Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Killing"

Old 03-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Killing"

KP you said it best, If were honest with ourselves, we WILL find some things we don't like at first, but have come to accept..........Yes, I enjoy the killing. It isthe reward for my hard work. I have no problem with it. It's called being at the top of the foodchain. No, we don't need the meat, but we still have the choice to kill what we eat. We as humans are hardwired for this. The man up above made us this way. I live for the outdoors, and I love nature. I've had many hunts that came up empty handed, but still loved the the time spent in the wild. I guess I can say I don't have to kill to enjoy myself on a hunt, but yes, it is the ultimate prize & GOAL, and I never feel remorse.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like this thread. I agree with Killer Primate and his post. Someone else said that it would be just as easy to take a camera in the woods instead of a bow and successfully "hunt" the creatures, but we don't..... we take a lethal weapon for the sole purpose of killing. I do not get a sadistic feeling when I kill, it is why I am there. I enjoy the kill ....no question about it, and I am thankful to the Good Lord when I kill.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I like this thread. I agree with Killer Primate and his post. Someone else said that it would be just as easy to take a camera in the woods instead of a bow and successfully "hunt" the creatures, but we don't..... we take a lethal weapon for the sole purpose of killing. I do not get a sadistic feeling when I kill, it is why I am there. I enjoy the kill ....no question about it, and I am thankful to the Good Lord when I kill.

Roger that.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:06 PM

that has to be the coolest hunting qoute out there

thanks for posting
Old 03-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey.....I'm thankful to the good Lord, too, PT........and I have fun every time I hunt. I have an EXCEPTIONAL time when I CHOOSE to take an animal. I relish in the feeling that I either let that animal live or I took him. The feeling that I'm the ULTIMATE predator in the woods, that day. THAT is what it's about (TO ME!).

But to sit and say I enjoyed taking the life of animal............not me.

Great thoughts, though, guys....I appreciate everyone's honesty.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:13 PM

I relish in the feeling that I either let that animal live or I took him.
Someone has a bad case of the God Complex! The problem with taking a camera in the field instead of a lethal weapon is when it is all done you don't get to eat the film! I eat more deer meat than I do beef. It tastes better, and is healthier. I hunt for the pleasure and kill for the food. For some reason I could never kill a bear. (That is I never would go bear hunting) There is something about watching them get shot on t.v. that just doesn't hit me right. (I'm not condemning it... it just isn't for me!)
Old 03-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hey.....I'm thankful to the good Lord, too, PT
From what I know aboutyou Jeff, I don't have any doubt that you are

But to sit and say I enjoyed taking the life of animal............not me.
Here we are different, and that's ok too ....thank you for the thread, I am really enjoying it

Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, Indian.....You can NEVER have too much god in you!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:27 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DaveH

We could go into the woods armed with only a camera and "shoot" as many deer as you wanted . . . but would it be as satisfying?

I, too, feel a sense of sadness when I reach a fallen monarch and know that I ended his life intentionally. However, I feel that it's the possession of the animal that seems to make it more satisfying. When friends ask me how I did, a kill always sounds like a success. However, I cannot stand to watch an animal I shot die slowly. That's happened with a couple shots over the years and it almost made me give up hunting. It's gotta be a high percentage shot today that nearly guarantees a quick, humane death, or I keep the arrow on the string.
DaveH, I hope you don't mind me pulling your reply and using just parts of it. The parts that I've highlighted sum it up for me and I couldn't have said it better.

KP, compliments to you, that is quite the reply (has the NUGE sound to it) butit is way to deep for me,I don't think I am that complicated.Also I can't say I agree with your one thought "As creatureswe stand above all others and that is obviouse". I am not willing tothink that highly of myself. Finding ourselves alone in the wilderness among certain species of wild beasts, without our technical advances (weapons) and modern comforts could prove otherwise. Sorry, that's just me. But,I am going to read it over a few more to see what else I take issue with not for the sake of argument but to assure myself that I just don't fit in to it.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BKE

ORIGINAL: DaveH

We could go into the woods armed with only a camera and "shoot" as many deer as you wanted . . . but would it be as satisfying?

I, too, feel a sense of sadness when I reach a fallen monarch and know that I ended his life intentionally. However, I feel that it's the possession of the animal that seems to make it more satisfying. When friends ask me how I did, a kill always sounds like a success. However, I cannot stand to watch an animal I shot die slowly. That's happened with a couple shots over the years and it almost made me give up hunting. It's gotta be a high percentage shot today that nearly guarantees a quick, humane death, or I keep the arrow on the string.
DaveH, I hope you don't mind me pulling your reply and using just parts of it. The parts that I've highlighted sum it up for me and I couldn't have said it better.

KP, compliments to you, that is quite the reply (has the NUGE sound to it) butit is way to deep for me,I don't think I am that complicated.Also I can't say I agree with your one thought "As creatureswe stand above all others and that is obviouse". I am not willing tothink that highly of myself. Finding ourselves alone in the wilderness among certain species of wild beasts, without our technical advances (weapons) and modern comforts could prove otherwise. Sorry, that's just me. But,I am going to read it over a few more to see what else I take issue with not for the sake of argument but to assure myself that I just don't fit in to it.

Gen 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 1:30
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

That right there is good enough for me

Quick Reply: "Killing"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.