Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 most over rated bow? >

most over rated bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
mathew
55.48%
pse
6.45%
browning
1.29%
bowtech
18.71%
renegade
0.65%
other
4.52%
hoyt
12.90%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

most over rated bow?

Old 03-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: most over rated bow?

ORIGINAL: Campo

All I can say is this.
Darton Pro3000: 71#@27"+396gr arrow=301fps.
That is darn fast..faster than any BowCrap I have shot
Haha..nice one campo!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey guys.....I hate to say it.....but that "bowcrap" is faster than anything either one of you is shooting.

And now.....back to your regularly scheduled class env......I mean....bashing.

(j/k)
Old 03-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I can say is this.
Darton Pro3000: 71#@27"+396gr arrow=301fps.
I guess that makes the Darton "more better" and the deer you shoot more dead than deer shot with other bows.

The best shooters I know don't shoot fast bows. Personally, I don't know of anyone with a "fast" bow (over 300fps) that shoots any better than me. Now that's not to say they don't exist and I'm not saying that I fit into the "best shooter" category, I'm just making a point.

Just because someone drives a corvette, doesn't make them a better driver or make the corvette the best car.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

IMO, the most over-rated bow is a bow that someone will purchase in the hopes of purchasing accuracy, without practicing A-TON!

I've shot many bows over the years and everyone of them has it's own feel. As a bowhunter, you simply need to shoot a bunch and buy the one that feels the best. A bow is a very personal thing and I think way too much emphasis is placed on brands and speed; not enough on "how does this bow fit me".....
Amen
Old 03-14-2007, 08:49 AM

First of all,there is no way you are shooting a darton with a 27" draw length at 301 fps! I would say you are probably shooting 270tops. My buddy has the Guardian and he has a 28" 71lbsand shoots 273fps, i have a pearson Z34 31" 71lbs and I shoot 286fps.Bow tech is fast but that does not help you one bit with hunting. matthews IMP is the most overrated bow for the price they are selling for. I believe the same for hoyt and bowtech, but they are a step above matthews. These three big companies spend millions of dollarson advertising so therefore they brain wash hunters thinking they are the best bow makers. For an example hoyt has the most championships and such, but they also have the best shooters, that is because they are willing to pay more money to get those shooters to make it look like there product is the best. Not to take anything from the bow, but its the truth. You got these other bows that will shoot (IMP) just as good as the big three, like pearson, ross, fred bear... and you won't have to empty your wallet on them. When buying a bow the most important things about the bow is the accessories... make sure you have top of a line accessories.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Are you not just back from a recent banishment?? Isn't equipment manufacturer bashing/name callingagainst the rules???

hmmmmm ....
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 AM

My apologies. I was wrong apparently. I was just using the information that my coach and shop owner gave me. Both are Darton staffers, so I thought they would have the skinny on what was going on.
I still think Bowtech is overrated
Ok. Study hall over. Now to teach my students why Bowtech stinks[8D]
Jk jk
Or am I?
It's ok Carpo. You can't be expected to be any smarter than the info you're fed. You got yours right off the bottom. I really doubt any info you have for us will be any more correct. I suspect your chrono isn't any more correct, either. [&:]
Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 AM

Opinions are like $#%^!!^'s. Everyone has one.
It makes for good entertainment!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a hoyt andlove it. If I bought any other bow...I would probably say I love it as well. I have owned many pse's and I guess you could say I moved on to buy a Hoyt. The Hoyt shot great and fit my draw length, which is 31, grip felt right and shot very fast andaccurate.To Each His Own.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: shed33

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

IMO, the most over-rated bow is a bow that someone will purchase in the hopes of purchasing accuracy, without practicing A-TON!

I've shot many bows over the years and everyone of them has it's own feel. As a bowhunter, you simply need to shoot a bunch and buy the one that feels the best. A bow is a very personal thing and I think way too much emphasis is placed on brands and speed; not enough on "how does this bow fit me".....
Amen
Let me hear another Amen.

Quick Reply: most over rated bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.