Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 most over rated bow? >

most over rated bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
mathew
55.48%
pse
6.45%
browning
1.29%
bowtech
18.71%
renegade
0.65%
other
4.52%
hoyt
12.90%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

most over rated bow?

Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 AM

Default most over rated bow?

with all the bows out there what brand is the most over rated?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: most over rated bow?

i have a 400dollar pse bow, my friend has a 1k matthews bow, i shoot beter than him
Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 AM

I am glad to notice that you did not include Hoyt, as you must have realized that they are simply the best and definitely not a case of hype.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: adewilde

with all the bows out there what brand is the most over rated?
You forgot Hoyt, which would have been my first vote.
Here is my opinion on overratedness.
1.Bowtech
2.Hoyt
3.Mathews
4.The paper clip bow I just made during study hall. The thing shoots 10fps...that is blazing fast!
Edit: The reason I say Bowtech is this. They didnt actually invent much, if any, of the technology that they use. Darton owns the patent on their cam system as well as a few other aspects of their supposed leading technology.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:11 AM

Campo,now that study hall's over, it's time for class. [&:]

Darton filed for the patent about 2 weeks before BowTech. Darton DID NOT have a working Binary type cam, just the paperwork. BowTech made the Binary cam work ON A BOW. Who really brought parallel limbs to market? It would seem there was an attempt but, before the Patriot it sure wasn't much in use. Now even martin, who downed the parallel design badly as a recipe for disaster, has them. Have you seen a Guardian or Commander? How many companies have put out a bow over 40" ata, with over 8" brace, that's as fast as the Constitution? Before BowTech! And it should be shootable and quiet. There's more, but you have another class soon.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Darton owns the patent on their cam system as well as a few other aspects of their supposed leading technology.
Negative, The way I understand itDarton simply patented the name "binary" which has nothing to do with the cam design. Bowtech designed the cams not Darton.

If Darton is such the industry leader in design and engineering and they suposedly own the patents on just about everything having to do with modern compound bows then why aren't they selling more bows than they are?

#1 for me is any bow having a hybrid, or cam and a half system. Of course this has everything to do with the cam system and not the bow itself.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

LMAO at Campo

Thanks for the good laugh....... Do me a favor and look at compound bow design previous the Extreme VFT and Patriot VFT's...... Now look at the designs of today by every manufacturer...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Dominant Buck

I know everything is regional.......I fully understand that......but I don't know ONE GUY who shoots a Hoyt. I hear the hype......but I don't see them being utilized.

"Over-rated"? Not for me to say......but they certainly are hyped......and they're certainly not doing REALLY good in this area (Admittedly - based on the number of bows 'I' see at the shops I visit and the 3D shoots I've shot in). I've shot the last two year models (Trykon/Vectrix), and I think they're good bows. Not for me.....but they're obviously good products.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

LMAO at Campo

Thanks for the good laugh....... Do me a favor and look at compound bow design previous the Extreme VFT and Patriot VFT's...... Now look at the designs of today by every manufacturer...
My apologies. I was wrong apparently. I was just using the information that my coach and shop owner gave me. Both are Darton staffers, so I thought they would have the skinny on what was going on.
I still think Bowtech is overrated
Ok. Study hall over. Now to teach my students why Bowtech stinks[8D]
Jk jk
Or am I?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

There seems to be distinct cliques everywhere when it comes to bow choice. I belong to 2 local sportsman's clubs... One you see primarily Hoyt. The other is primarily Mathews. I do not think one is overrated or better than the other. It is a decision regarding personal comfort shooting and what feels natural. I shoot a Mathews Switchback XT. One close hunting buddy shoots a Bowtech Tribute. Another shoots a Hoyt Havoctec. We all shoot well and kill game with the bows we have.
I have shotfriends Bowtec, Hoyt, AR, Mathews, PSE, Ross, Parker, etc. They are all good bows. It just depends on what you are comfortable.

Quick Reply: most over rated bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.