Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

legal baiting?

Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: legal baiting?

ABarOfSoap, can you post a full size pic of your avatar? I wanna get a better look at the ummm, err... deer, yeah, thats it.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

BOS, AntlerX is the product they were fed.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

please tell me u took a pic of that 1300 lb bear!!??
that bear was insnane, that guy was pushing him around like nothing lol
No I didnt get a pic of that bear, but I saw it. maybe its the PETA in me[8D], but I felt bad for it... 1300lbs of bear behind a 25x25(roughly) cage... not for me. The one thing I did wish I got a pic w/ was the Toyota girl, if you thought the girl in your avatar was hot, think again, that girl was HOT.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

I have feeders set up....only cuse we're aloud in Pa now.., but its mostly too see what animals meaning deer ,i have on my property....i won't hunt over them...i'm a bowhunter hunter of over 35 years...just does'nt float my boat...i'll ussally have a few trail cams over the area to get some pics otherwise, i don't...hunt over them...some guys do..like i said whatever floats your bloat....as for the fake apples and scent..it does'nt fall in the catagory of baiting....so i'm sure its ok....i like to hunt the animals on their terms...its just the way,i've been taught....Honkers
Old 03-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

When did PA allow feeders, I only ask because NY and PA regulations are similar, so it may only be a matter of time[:@].
Old 03-06-2007, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

...deer with large impressive racks are mature, smart deer. And that taking a mature buck, one that has survived and evaded many hunters is part of the goal! ...
At what point is it that a deer becomes "smart, mature, elusive" and has been"evading" the hunter for many years. Cause what I am trying to do is increase the bucks mass in my little slice of the hunting pie/area. I have two spots that I can hunt, with very little acreage on them. I do not have a vast source of public areas close to where I live and so I have access to only small numbers of resident deer. I have a little eight pointer that I past on for the second year in a row. I am pretty sure it is the same deer cause his brow timeshave a character in them that is the same every year. I have this deer patterned well. Maybe next year when he is 4-1/2 and he is a little bigger like maybe 120 or 130 I will take him. But now that he is 4 1/2 is he suddenly "mature" "elusive" "smart" and a true warrior for the challenge? I see him as the same retarded deer that I first patterned at 2 1/2 age andnow I have decided totake him from 20' up in a tree. What I am trying to do is since the deer in my area are limited and I do not have access to massive hunting area to seek out a bigger deer heard, I would like to try and increase the quality of the deer I do have access to. Does what I say make sense or is it still seen as using aadvantage that is unfair?
I have no problem with the supplemental feeding you do on your own land. Its your own land and you can do whatever you want so long as its legal. If I had my own land and the money to spend I would probably have a small food plot (1-2 acres is all) to suppliment the deer in the off seasons of forage. I have no problem with the way you do things, I was just clarifying Charlie P's point for YOU.