Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 next deer saeson >

next deer saeson

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

next deer saeson

Old 03-03-2007, 03:46 PM

Default next deer saeson

i was thinking about buying a double bull for next season, but my dad says not to buy it this past year i hunted out of natural / cover and shot one doe but got busted when i was calling 3 times. should i do what i did last year or go with a double bull i cant get in a tree to i'm a big boy and i will be starting about 2 weeks earlyer
Old 03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: next deer saeson

If money is a problem there are many other blinds on the market that will work well. 99.9 percent of the time I hunt from a tree. So I can't justify spending 400.00 dollars on something I'm gonna use only a few times a year.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:55 PM

I guess if you buy it you have it for life. Do some odd job for folks, piling wood, cuttin grass basic b1tch work to get your money. Thats what i did when i was a youngin and wanted something bad. However i am pretty cheap myself and cannot jusify spending that money on a blind when i can make one myself. I have made them out of slough grass woven into this cement type of wire, not the most portable but it works. I also just hunker down in a good spot in front of some brush so i have a backdrop and cover myself with camo burlap or move some brush around so my outline is broken up.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont get me wrong Double Bull blinds are top notch, but ameristeps new signature series blinds are good to and not as expensive as the DB's. Big game has their ground max blinds which are very inexpensive and have some really good features as well. think you can get the deluxe for about $150 or so. If I couldnt hunt out of a treestand I would deffinetly own at least on ground blind maybe more. The advantages are endless compared to using natural cover blinds.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 PM

go with the double bull
Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

If your going to use a ground most of the time , then it will be well worth it to get the Double Bull T5 or the Matrix.
They are built to last a life time , I have and use a Double Bull T5 for going on six years now and it still looks good as new.
Theres a member of this site in the classifieds and hunting gear forums by the user name of gregholland , he sell's the Double Bull archery blinds.
Talk to him , he can give you a real good deal and he has a easy payment plan , when you do talk to gregholland tell him that RDHunter sent you.