Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 double bull and deer >

double bull and deer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

double bull and deer

Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 PM

Default double bull and deer

any one hunt for deer out of a double bull? if so how did it work? and please post pics. of your blind brushed in
Pa
Old 03-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: double bull and deer

Yea .... I use a Double Bull T5 blind for deer hunting , sometimes I don't brush it in like in this picture.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:02 PM

i heard that those black holes spook deer. is it true?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: uncballers45

i heard that those black holes spook deer. is it true?
Funny you should ask .... sometimes they do , the young ones will walk right up to it.
The older / smarter ones will be very skidish and keep there distance.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

From my experience the smarter older deer tend to be very cautious around them. If you brush them in extremely well then ive heard they work pretty good. I think that the best thing to do would be to leave it in the area for the deer to get used to if thats possible...
Old 03-01-2007, 04:55 PM

can you get shoot thru screens for the double bull or no?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 PM

I shot a doe out of my Matrix this past fall at 12 yards....Yes, right through the mesh, no problem at all....Depending on the broadhead you use.

They are a little nervous around it at first.....The doe I shot was really giving me the eyeball, bobbing her head, stomping her foot...all that good stuff. She calmed down in a couple minutes, stepped into an opening, and realized she should have gone w/ her first impression....

You just really gotta brush them in. The top especially. Break up that hard roof outline. They work for deer, but they are the cat's you know what for turkeys.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Site Buck Guru

Isn't it funny, that the animal with the best eyes, will run right up to it if you park it in the middle of a 3" tall alfalfa field!!?? Especially if you put decoys out. Turkeys aren't the brightest at times, but they sure can see good! The deer are much harder to fool. It's amazing to see how well theyknow their environment.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

What strikes me as funny is , I was hunting out of an Ameristep Outhouse Blind during gun season and left it out for over two weeks . It is not as good as the Brickhouse or DoubleBull but works for gun season . I gave the deer time to get used to it and they still seemed leary of it . The funny part was that they strolled right past my pickup truck to get to the open field . Maybe someone should design a blind in the shape of a farm vehicle !
Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ed McDonald

What strikes me as funny is , I was hunting out of an Ameristep Outhouse Blind during gun season and left it out for over two weeks . It is not as good as the Brickhouse or DoubleBull but works for gun season . I gave the deer time to get used to it and they still seemed leary of it . The funny part was that they strolled right past my pickup truck to get to the open field . Maybe someone should design a blind in the shape of a farm vehicle !
Haha, you shouldnt give those ideas out over the internet. Keep them in and work with them! haha

Quick Reply: double bull and deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.