Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 double bull and deer >

double bull and deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

double bull and deer

Old 03-01-2007, 06:12 PM

Default RE: double bull and deer

breaking up the outline of the top of the Double Bull is about all you really need to do when deer hunting. I cut maybe 5 branches and then I'm a huntin'.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alright ... heres another one all brushed in with cut branches on the roof as well.
I had three does walk right beside it that same evening with no bad reaction from them at all.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:11 PM

Here's a pic of a friend of my family next to his blind right after he shot a 130" 8pt in Canada. Blends in pretty well if you ask me. Even with very little brushing.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Here's a pic of a friend of my family next to his blind right after he shot a 130" 8pt in Canada. Blends in pretty well if you ask me. Even with very little brushing.

Yeah, that one definately looks great. You can just tell when they are going to work or when you are going to get caught
Old 03-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Under low light conditions its pretty dark inside of my DB/T2. Lighted sights are illegal here. I like mine for all day sits during the rut, especially with as much rain as we get in the PNW, it keeps me dry. I always brush mine in, that makes a big difference in the deer picking them out, especially if you can set yours up well ahead of time and leave it in an area.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:39 PM

Buy a escape ground blind! shoot through mesh cheaper just as durable highly reccomend no pics yet sorry.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:36 PM

anyone use natural blinds?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, natural blinds are probably the best way to go IMO. They door takea little work but i think that they stand out less to deer and they can get used to them easier
Old 03-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Ed, Would it be a chevy, or a ford. If it's a chevy I'll buy 1.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:30 AM

As someone above mentioned , one problem you will face in a blind is that it's dark inside and seeing your pins or peep can be all but impossible early in the morning or at dusk. Some states I huntdo not allow lighted sights soI came up with this idea and it works very well. I do not shoot a peep but have made a blaze orange knot onto my string where the peep would have been and then put glow paint on one side of it(see pic #1). Not just any glow paint however, it has to be long lasting and bright -http://www.glowmates.com/accessories.htmThen , I paint the glow paint onto my pin which gives me a 2 point allignment. Light up the glowpaint with a mini-keychain ultravoilet light and your good to go(pic #2 inside the blind). Here are a few pics to give you the idea of what I am talking about. The last pic is a nock coated with the glow paint for those that want a lighted knock but a battery powered one isn't legal. All of this came about after sitting in my Matrix watching a flock of turkeys go past the blind at 18 yrds and nothing I could do as I couldn't see my pin or my peep.

Quick Reply: double bull and deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.