Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ted Nugent on Howard Stern today >

Ted Nugent on Howard Stern today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted Nugent on Howard Stern today

Old 02-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ted Nugent on Howard Stern today

Did anyone catch the full radio segment of Ted Nugent on The Howard Stern show this morning? I caught some of it, but it was broken up for the most part due to poor reception while it was on. What I did catch was Ted inviting Artie Lange on a hunting trip in Kansas. Artie was considering it, but then some other guy came on that started arguing the anti-hunting message. He started using fallacies when he couldn’t provide a sound and valid argument to why hunting is bad. Ted ripped him a new one, but did so somewhat diplomatically.

It was great radio and I was very upset I couldn’t hear the whole segment. If anybody else heard it or can track down the transcript please provide feedback. Thanks

Old 02-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ted Nugent on Howard Stern today

Please locate the transcripts I would love to hear or read it
Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 PM

this will be a good one to hear.. But i didnt get a chance to hear it
Old 02-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that is a pair, Howie and Ted. Radio at its best!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 02-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Although,personally I can't stand him.He is a very good speaker and does a great job with his message and speaks truths and facts,which completelydestroy the oppostion.

Love the message,just can't stand the messenger andI wish he could play half as good as he thinks he can.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took a picture of Ted back in 04 on a hunt with him I wish I could share but it may not be cool with the mods. due to it was Ted giving me his best response to liberals(him with Glock in one hand shooting the finger with the other).The man can eat the way he speaks...real fast!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't stand Howard Stern. What a dork.I would have liked to catch that one though.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

i gotta catch this. if anyone finds a link or something to the segment, please post it[&:]
Old 02-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now thats a pair!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is from howardstern.com

This doesn't successfully encapsulate all that was said, but it does effectively give the substance of the discussion:

HUNTING: BOTH SIDES

After a commercial, Howard reported Artie was in the green room sleeping, and wondered what he did the rest of the day that made him so tired. Howard then told Artie the only reason he had him woken up was because he had Ted Nugent, someone who supported the hunting of animals, and Sam Simon, a vegan of 35 years, on the line to discuss his potential hunting trip with Richard’s dad, Tom.

Sam noted he didn’t think Artie should hunt given the fact that animals both suffer a great deal when hunted and sometimes are merely wounded and not killed when struck. However, Ted claimed 90 percent of animals “hit” while hunting with a bow and arrow are killed, while another 8 percent allegedly survive like nothing happened. Because Ted compared hunting to the way animals harm other animals in everyday life during his argument, Sam noted the situations weren’t analogous, and insisted Ted was just adding more “suffering in the world” through his actions.

KILLING MORE THAN JUST DEER

Sam brought up how Ted supported canned hunts in Africa where wild animals like leopards were made to run down an enclosed area while hunters shot at them. Ted replied, though, that every part of the animals he killed in Africa went to the people of the area, and admitted to having killed and eaten zebras and elephants as well. This led Sam to claim Ted made “a ton of money” off his hunting, but Ted denied the allegation, adding “no check” had ever been written to him because of hunting.

DECIDING TO SIT IT OUT

Sam acknowledged his main problem with hunting was the pleasure hunters took in killing animals, while Artie admitted he didn’t see the difference in eating a steak and not killing the animals himself. Artie then asked Sam if he had a problem with Tom’s lifestyle, given that he needed to hunt to survive, and he said he didn’t, as long Tom needed to hunt to eat, but that it wasn’t necessary for Ted to do the same thing.
Given all the information he’d heard, Artie then promised he wouldn’t go bow-hunting, but, if he was legally permitted to hunt with a gun given of his record as a felon, he’d think about it more before making his decision. Both Howard and Robin acknowledged, though, that they were siding with Sam on the debate, and Artie ended up agreeing with them.

AN UNEQUAL “SPORT”

Howard took a number of calls on the topic, including one from a listener who referred to hunting as “a sport.” This led Gary to get on his intercom and question the caller’s definition of “sport,” pointing out he didn’t think a person with a gun was a fair match against a defenseless animal. However, the caller insisted it was, and added he thought animals like deer knew when hunting season started, and avoided walking around much because they knew they were involved in “the game.”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.