Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ripcord rest

Old 02-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Spike

Default ripcord rest

Hey guys need some help here i got a ripcord arrow rest for my ally. Ilike it alot besides the god awful noise it makes when it slaps the shelf!! I put a piece of mole skin on the shelf but it really didnt really didnt help that much. Any ideas on how to make it a little quieter? Any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 02-11-2007, 04:27 PM

Default RE: ripcord rest

I'm not too familiar w/ the rest, but can you put moleskin of the rest as well?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:28 PM

Try to find some stick on foam at a hobby store or something. I have the same rest, have the same terrible noise and I am going to put a piece of stick on foam (the thin stuff) on the rest then cover that with the moleskin.

Should be pretty quiet after that.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am with Bols go with a small piece of self-adhearing foam rubber such as the kind that goes around a door or go to a hobby store like Bols suggested.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Spike

Igot to figure something out cant take it back cant afford to get another one right now. there should be a way to stop it from hitting the shelf all together i would think.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:17 PM

I have the Ripcord rest. When I mounted it, I also bought a rubber arrow rest (which the arrow rests on when not at full draw) and it cures the "slap". It was about5$ butI can't remember the brand name of it.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have mine set up so it doesn't hit the shelf. It stops just above the shelf, no noise at all. I had the pro shop install it so there may be an adjustment to keep it from falling all the way. Good luck with it I love mine.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Spike

Cmon jimbo rack that brain!!I was just lookin on there website and they said to try moving the rest up I am going to see if that will work. but then i will have to go through the tuning process again. Oh well gives me a reason to stay in the garage a little longer. (the wife is watching soaps). Thanks alot dish network for getting a 24 hour soap channel its a pain in the arse!!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM

You may try backing it away from the shelf so it just barely clears it. That is how my Trophy Takers work. You can see a pic of it in the link as well as an arrow cradle I make and sell for fall away rests.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=S TRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=19008219996 6&rd=1&rd=1
Old 02-12-2007, 07:16 AM

I spoke a little too soon LOL. Not being familiar with the Ripcord rest when I posted, it sounds like you wouldn't have any need for an arrow cradle with this set-up, sorry bout that. Hopefully the first part of the post still helps.

Quick Reply: ripcord rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.