Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone >

Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone

Old 02-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone

Which one do you prefer for hunting?

Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone

Both have there goods and bads. Whisker Biscuit is reliable and good for stalking however when you pull the arrow back it makes a pretty loud noise as the arrow slides through the whiskers and when the fletchings fly through the whiskers it makes a noise that could cause an animal to jump or flinch. I use the whisker biscuit and love it.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

for hunting u cant beat the whisker biscuit, no moving parts andcomplete arrow containment, the whisker biscuit is probably the most used hunting rest made
Old 02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Site Bouncer

Whisker Biscuit for me.

Mine is quiet, accurate and reliable.....pretty much fool proof.

Can't go wrong with either, I just prefer the Biscuit for hunting.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Spike

I prefer a drop away, either the dropzone or trophy taker. It is unreal how much more accurate you can be with a drop away. Once you release the arrow it drops down and you can actually flinch a bit and it will still shoot true. It really helps if you do not have perfect form. Plus it saves your fletchings and makes zero noise. I have belly crawled for hours chasing turkeys and antelope with my trophy taker with the with the NAP arrow holder and have yet to have it fall off when putting it to the extreme. Goodluck in making the choice, if you want accuracy go with a drop away.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Liv4Rut

I prefer a drop away, either the dropzone or trophy taker. It is unreal how much more accurate you can be with a drop away. Once you release the arrow it drops down and you can actually flinch a bit and it will still shoot true. It really helps if you do not have perfect form. Plus it saves your fletchings and makes zero noise. I have belly crawled for hours chasing turkeys and antelope with my trophy taker with the with the NAP arrow holder and have yet to have it fall off when putting it to the extreme. Goodluck in making the choice, if you want accuracy go with a drop away.
Uh......not to start anything here but you do realize that even though the rest has dopped away, the arrow is still on the string. So any "flinching" will still cause poor shots..........just FYI
Old 02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

ORIGINAL: Liv4Rut

Uh......not to start anything here but you do realize that even though the rest has dopped away, the arrow is still on the string. So any "flinching" will still cause poor shots..........just FYI
I agree, I shot my best with TM style rest. Because I practice more than I do today.

WB is a great rest. If you want to keep it simple, WB is the way to go.

I used drop away, but for all of my youth bows I have set upI go with WB.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:49 PM

With all things considered I believe the whisker biscuit is the best choice for hunting. Almost any and all rests will get the job done but the WB offers the most benefits to a hunter.

Solid, simple to adjust, reliable, tough, accurate, quiet and full arrow containment...........decent price too.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a WB and love it. Ihave found that if you spray your bisquit with some silicone spray it really makes a difference it the drag on the arrow. If you put a lil super glue on the leading edge of your fletching, it will help reuduce any damage.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both are great rests, but my hunting bow has a drop away on it!

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.