Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Youth Programs

Old 01-26-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Youth Programs

Myself and a friend want to get some sortof program started for our area youth. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 07:47 PM

Default RE: Youth Programs

I would check to see if you have a state bowhunting organization or a local bowhunting club that could offer help and resources.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

What area are you in? Look at my organization and tell me what you think. www.youthoutside.org

Keith
Old 01-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can PM HNIChristine, she is involved in a couple of different youth programs...
Old 01-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: LJ Harbaugh

Myself and a friend want to get some sortof program started for our area youth. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
The really effective youth program would be to get guys to take their own kids out shooting and hunting. If that doesn't happen, both sports are going to die out no matter how much complaining people do about PETA and the anti-gun folks. I met someone who has been teaching me to shoot and to hunt, but when we go out to the range, we see people there practicing, but nobody brings their kids. They look at me kind of curiously and maybe they're feeling guilty because they didn't bring their own kids along. I don't know. I don't understand how guys can think that shooting and hunting are going to remain popular if nobody teaches their own kids about it.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our club has youth archery on Saturday mornings. For $5, the kids can shoot from 9 to 12. They have recurves and arrows to loan the kids, or they can shoot their own equipment if they have it. Instruction is available. The kids enjoy themselves.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

The nwtf jakes program is a great one. They even get to shoot archery as well as clays for the older kids,fishing,crafts,demonstrations, bb- guns, and ever Kid wins a raffle drawing. My kids love the program, We go to jakes from two different chapters.
Dan
Old 01-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Tell 'em to stay in school.[&:]