Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Politically correct bowhunters >

Politically correct bowhunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Politically correct bowhunters

Old 01-24-2007, 02:55 PM

Default RE: Politically correct bowhunters

You are right about hunting and fishing creating revenue for fed and state but I still value the right to hunt and never take for granted that it will always be there.

As for your other views, it all boils down to perseption. Bowhunters are viewed as a seperate segment of the hunting community. Even some fellow hunters do not allow bowhunting on their land because they think that an animal is more likely to be wounded and never found. So if everyone began showing pictures of bloody deer with arrows coming out of them it could have some very big impact on the bowhunting community. You keep saying that the antis are not going to stop hunting, but there are plenty of cases where they stopped bowhunting. I can actually name several cases in my state of NC where bowhunting was not allowed and the cities actually paid snipers to kill the deer. So the cities could care less about the revenue from permit sales but instead spent $300 per deer to have the herd thinned. Think about all the urban hunting opportunities we are missing out on. Many of these chances to hunt are missed because of the other 80%'s perception of our sport. You said money talks and money is the key so what about the other 80%, are they tax payers? do they vote?

by the way, The blood and guts and spineshots do not bother me nearly as much as the "very fake and very happy day after" recovery. You know when gut shoot a deer and watch the footage to confirm and then come back the next day to find it. Then run up to the deer and jump up and down talk about how glad they are they found. They show no remorse over the gut shot and I have even seen some that mention they lost the meat but at least they have the horns. We all know this happens but it should be handled differently.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

They took away the spring hunts and still have the fall. I am sure it hurt some economies in little towns up there. Mothers fresh out of the den with mommy possibly getting shot and leaving the cubs behind has a lot of sympathy from hunters too.I am speaking about America, not Canada.Canadiansrolled over and gave up their handgun rights too. I am not Canadian and can't answer why they do what they do up there. From what I have heard this about to be reversed because the ON bear pops are too high. To be honest, Canadians don't bear hunt and there may have not been enough pressure from Americans to keep the spring bear hunt open. I have bear hunted 7 times and only one was in the spring. Miserable hunt because of the black flies, ticks, and mosquitos. I would never hunt in the spring in ON if I could for bear.
I'll kinda jump off topic for a sec.....
The likelyhood of a sow with cubs getting killed is almost 0%. The cubs are usually the first to the bait or are next to the sow. It was purely sentimental and not factual. As far as hurting "some" economies "up there," it nearly put a lot of resorts out of business. Some people had to sell thier camps. Also, as far as the spring season coming back, don't hold your breath. I am a resort owner and bear guide and I would be shocked if it did come back.

Carry on.........
Old 01-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: _Dan

They took away the spring hunts and still have the fall. I am sure it hurt some economies in little towns up there. Mothers fresh out of the den with mommy possibly getting shot and leaving the cubs behind has a lot of sympathy from hunters too.I am speaking about America, not Canada.Canadiansrolled over and gave up their handgun rights too. I am not Canadian and can't answer why they do what they do up there. From what I have heard this about to be reversed because the ON bear pops are too high. To be honest, Canadians don't bear hunt and there may have not been enough pressure from Americans to keep the spring bear hunt open. I have bear hunted 7 times and only one was in the spring. Miserable hunt because of the black flies, ticks, and mosquitos. I would never hunt in the spring in ON if I could for bear.
The likelyhood of a sow with cubs getting killed is almost 0%. The cubs are usually the first to the bait or are next to the sow. It was purely sentimental and not factual. As far as hurting "some" economies "up there," it nearly put a lot of resorts out of business. Some people had to sell thier camps. Also, as far as the spring season coming back, don't hold your breath. I am a resort owner and bear guide and I would be shocked if it did come back.

Carry on.........
Thank you _dan
Old 01-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Carry on.........
I totally agree. Do you agree with the fact that Canadians don't bearhunt and that very few people ina community actually guide for bears and that in order for bear hunting to stay open in the spring you have to have people that are interseted in it besides the outfitters. I have also seen inexperienced cityguys with gunsin my fall bear camps shoot cubs or sows with cubs. It always disgusted me and I wouldn't call theseguys hunters. How one can mis judge a cub for a shootable bear is beyond me. This one guy in a MN camp brought in a cub that couldn't have weighedmore than25 lbs. The bear guide told him to never come back.I wish you the best in your camps and hope you guys can bear hunt the springs again if this is what is wanted.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in the Catskill mountains two hours north of Liberal Land also known as New York City.70% of home ownership in my town is second homeowners from the city,People from metropolitan New York are buying up property at alarming rates.We are losing accessible hunting land like nobodies business.For me it is simple if I act in a manner that does not provide consideration for those who don't hunt or who were not raised in a hunting culture I lose out.I have to present myself in the least offensive manner possible.When I kill game on private land,I do my best to shield the second homeowner from things they may not be accustomed to seeing.To me this is just common sense.Private land hunting is always better than public land hunting in our area.I don't see this as an imposition or selling out,I see it as being considerate and smart.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Why can't I buy a beer at a NCAA game, here, then????
Answer:No alcohol at a college event.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Or ....why isn't it still called the WINSTON Cup?

Think RJReynolds didn't have some money?????
Answer: No advertising for Tobacco on TV airwaves.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Banned

edit. error in post
Old 01-24-2007, 04:05 PM

I haven't read the entire thread, so my point has possibly already been made. Keep in mind that this response is only to your initial post.

I worry very little about PETA asfar as theorganization itself goes. What worries me are the people in Washington [DC] who buy into the propoganda that PETA and other organizations like PETA spew out on a daily basis.

I'm going to leave that comment as it is, you folks can elaborate further on it if you want.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

so far i dont think i have heard anything about the Farm Bureau and the Insurance companies. These organizations have billions of dollars of revenue that they are willing to spend on determining if deer would ever be banned. Personally i dont think that it would go over well after a year or so
Around my area the farm bureau especially which is funded by insurance companies wants to bump our county up to 2 deer from 1 deer which could devestate the herd since we do not have many deer in our area but farmers have been convinced by the farm bureau that it is bad and now the farm bureau is pressuring the DNR to raise the deer harvest rates
The insurance companies would rather pay the DNR to raise the harvest rates than to have to pay out 20 times more for deer car collisions or have to pay a company to thin the herd over the whole united states.

Quick Reply: Politically correct bowhunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.