Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how do you hunt deer?? >

how do you hunt deer??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how do you hunt deer??

Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 PM

Default how do you hunt deer??

do you call deer in or just wait for them to come to you,and do you hunt in a tree stand or a ground blind?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how do you hunt deer??

I just sit up in my deer stand and wait unitl they come to me. During the rut i call and rattle.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

i hunt in a treestand and call only if neccasary.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:49 AM

I call (grunt) only when necessary to try to bring a buck into range. That is the only time I make noise in the woods. Maybe a bleat once in a great great while.
90% of the time I am in a treestand.
The other 10% I am on the ground, most likely in a natural blind, though Predator camo is so good tha often the blind is unnecessary.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do a lotta different things.I stand hunt some.Do a lotta spot and stalk hunting.Ground huntings my favorite, I dont use a blind most of the time but prefer to sit in whatevers already there for cover.Under the right conditions ll try tracking a deer to its bed if we have real fresh snow and Ive seen the deer.Still huntings fun.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:52 AM

That is really a "big" question. I try to hunt deer the best way suited to my location, temp, time of year, weapon choice, time available, etc...Each time I go out to hunt, it is different than the last, due to variables.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: petasux

I do a lotta different things.I stand hunt some.Do a lotta spot and stalk hunting.Ground huntings my favorite, I dont use a blind most of the time but prefer to sit in whatevers already there for cover.Under the right conditions ll try tracking a deer to its bed if we have real fresh snow and Ive seen the deer.Still huntings fun.

With the exception of petasux reference to (tree?)stand hunting he and I are on the same page. I feel I can compete with whitetails in their environment. I am hunting from the moment I get into my area.

laxdad
Old 01-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt from a treestand. In the early season I hunt food sources and rarely call. As the rut picks up, I will do some rattling with soft grunts. When the rut is in full swing, I hunt where the does are, calling regularly...even if I'm calling blind.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most of the time I'll just sit and wait in my treestand and grunt a little , only rattled a couple of times when I was in my ground blind.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always from a tree stand! and I tried ratteling, ggrunting and about the only thing that worked for me once was the can, I called in a little doe once. So now I just sit and wait. But I do a bunch of pre and post season scouting.

Quick Reply: how do you hunt deer??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.