Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how do you hunt deer?? >

how do you hunt deer??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how do you hunt deer??

Old 01-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how do you hunt deer??

I have not hunted from a tree in years. The last 6 years I have spent 95% of my whitetail hunting on the ground. I have become quite successful at tracking in the winter. During the fall I spend most of the days still hunting or photographing and video taping my kids and other hunters. I save most of my hunting for December when I can get on a set of tracks and hopefully follow it to a bedded or slowly traveling deer. Sometimes it works and others it does not, but when I do catch up to a deer and it happens to be a buck, there is nothing more rewarding than the great feeling of accomplishment from my efforts. If I happen to be able to shoot the deer than that is just a bonus.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer to stalk. I usually start out still hunting and change over to stalk hunting if I come across a good set of tracks from a buck. Only recently have I been able to accomplish this task during the absence of snow. I have also run them down or hounded them, which is the absolute coolest way to hunt, but the lack of prime open land limits when and how that can be done. I’ll hunt from a blind or a stand if the conditions are not conducive to still/stalk hunting.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:35 AM

everyone have there own way of hunting
it depends on
who you are
where you are
and what ur hunting

best i could tell u is try a couple of ways and see what works for you
and u could get some videos and watch and see
Old 01-17-2007, 11:11 AM

Calling and grunting does not work on my public land. The deer there can probably name the brand of call your using if given a chance. I ground hunt most of the time. I pack light and wear my turkey vest with the built in cusion. I'll sit up on a ridge, stump, or rock or something.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:48 PM

thanks i'll get a tree stand for this year.