Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can't Wait to See This >

Can't Wait to See This

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can't Wait to See This

Old 01-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Can't Wait to See This

Here is a link.

Computer program shows shot path - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Supposedly shows skeletal view, muscle view, you can rotate the view 360 degrees and see all possible angles. You will be able to show where you would shoot then peel away the hide, muscle, etc and see point of impact as well as exit. It is being developed by the QDMA and is called Cyber Deer (I think). Could be a very useful tool. Anyone else know more details on it.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Can't Wait to See This

looks interesting. IF they do the research and make it TRUE to life. theres so many diagrams and charts and 3d targets out there ALL have stuff placed diffrently. most 3d targets are shooting too far back IMO. and ive seen diagrams that made me laugh because they were so bad.

but if they do a good job on the DEER part and the shooting part turns out how it should it would be a good program and teaching/learning tool. but even still...it all looks diffrent on a live deer 20yds away 25 foot below you at full draw through a peep sight...i dont think ill remember to aim precisely 3 inches below the top of the deer to cleanly pass through both lungs because thats what my program told me too...but it would be neat to play with im sure
Old 01-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seems like it would be a pretty cool program , hope they get it on the market soon.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool, a nice training aid for hunter Ed.