Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you ever had something hunting-related stolen? >

Have you ever had something hunting-related stolen?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you ever had something hunting-related stolen?

Old 01-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Have you ever had something hunting-related stolen?

I've heard plenty of stories about tree-stands, trail cameras, bows and guns or even deer being stolen, has this ever happened to any of you?

I became a member of the club no one wants to be a part of this past weekend. Some Jerk stole my trail camera off my own property!!! (This land has plenty of Posted signs) The camera was a Moultrie Digital, with battery and memory card, approx. $135 value. The money isn't what bothers me that much, it is the thought that somebody stole it off my land!!! It really made me think about some of the people we have walking around sharing this country with. To me, it is disgusting.

Since Ilast checkedthe camera on Sunday the 7th, which it rained all day and checked it again this past Saturday, gone! I think it was stolen during the week, either by a coon hunter, who got caught trespassing (picture taken of them) and decided to take it or by someone who just happened to see it walking the woods and took it.

I had the camera pad locked closed, so someone will have to cut the lock off, which may be hard to do, because of how tight the lock is to the camera, or they will have to break it open to get inside. Either that, or they just pitched it in a ditch or pond, hiding the evidence.

Hopefully, their conscious will get the best of them (if they have one) they will break into the camera, delete the pictures of themand put the camera back where it belongs. What would these people think ifthis camerawas some little kid's Christmas present that they stole?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Have you ever had something hunting-related stolen?

I have had around 6 lock on stolen and probably around 50 screw in steps and 2 sets of climbing sticks.

I also had a cam stolen this year. I had it lag bolted to the tree from the inside. The just snapped it right off the tree.

I have also had 2 3D targets stolen.

Countless stuff borrowed by buddies that I never saw again, I no longer loan any of my gear toanyone except for one buddy and my brother.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Not hunting.....but I had a few TLD reels stolen out of my garage in SC.

I had a stand stolen, last year....but it was returned.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes , half of my season.
My daughter had a baby about 4 months ago, and my wife arranged to babysit him for the grand sum of $50 per week + $10 for doing their laundry to save our daughter some money and make a little change for herself since she's unemployed and likely to remain so. They live right across the river from where I work, a 30 mile drive, so my wife just assumed that she could commute there with me, we don't have a second car(yet). She neglected to remember that while I frequently get off work at 2:30 to 3:00 pm our daughter doesn't, which means I have to toddle over there after work and wait for her to come home, which lately has been nearly 5:00 pm. By the time we get home it's nearly dark, so my hunting time has pretty much been reduced to just weekends. When she first told me of this grand scheme she was mystified by my angry reaction until I explained how hard she had just screwed me. Tax time is just around the corner and I plan to go to a local auction and buy a gas sipper car for commuting , just wait until she finds out that I plan to let her drive my 20 mpg Explorer back and forth when October 1st comes back around. Between the $35 per month for the insurance and the cost of the gas I'm confident that she'll feel just as trapped and pissed off as I did.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Yes , half of my season.
My daughter had a baby about 4 months ago, and my wife arranged to babysit him for the grand sum of $50 per week + $10 for doing their laundry to save our daughter some money and make a little change for herself since she's unemployed and likely to remain so. They live right across the river from where I work, a 30 mile drive, so my wife just assumed that she could commute there with me, we don't have a second car(yet). She neglected to remember that while I frequently get off work at 2:30 to 3:00 pm our daughter doesn't, which means I have to toddle over there after work and wait for her to come home, which lately has been nearly 5:00 pm. By the time we get home it's nearly dark, so my hunting time has pretty much been reduced to just weekends. When she first told me of this grand scheme she was mystified by my angry reaction until I explained how hard she had just screwed me. Tax time is just around the corner and I plan to go to a local auction and buy a gas sipper car for commuting , just wait until she finds out that I plan to let her drive my 20 mpg Explorer back and forth when October 1st comes back around. Between the $35 per month for the insurance and the cost of the gas I'm confident that she'll feel just as trapped and pissed off as I did.
I find it funny that most women do not really know how passionate their men are about our sport. It's not done on purpose, they really do not know. I figure that if they actually knew just how important this was to us, they'd have run it by their men before commiting to their plan.

Non-hunters are the worst! My in-laws found it shocking that I refused to go to Jamaca for a November anniversary party!!!???? They could not comprehend that I wanted to stay home and hunt for deer, something that I've done for 40 years???!!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine isn't necessarily hunting gear, but it happened while I was tracking my buck this year. While I was in the woods looking for the buck I had shot the night before someone broke out the back window of my SUV, opened all the doors, rifled through everything, and stole my digital camera and a flashlight. They left the $1300 bow where it was (thank goodness) so it was evident they were on foot and in a hurry.[:@]

The cost of the new back window and replacing the flashlight and camera turned what would have been a shoulder mount into a skull mount. At least I got my buck though.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Last winter I had my climber stolen off of my land. It occured when the local road department was working on a road adjacent to my woods. Pretty suspicious if you ask me but not a thing I can do about it!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:55 PM

I had a brand new Summit Climber stolen that was hanging on the back of my garage. I leave it hanging there so it doesn't pick up garage odor.
I can't figure out how they knew it was there.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:01 PM

Cuddebacks and treestands.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Yes , half of my season.
I don't know if I'd exactly call it stolen. I believe I would call that "sacraficing" to help family.JMHO.

Quick Reply: Have you ever had something hunting-related stolen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.