Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is this   poaching????? >

is this poaching?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is this poaching?????

Old 01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: is this poaching?????

Charlie, you border on .... nevermind.
As do you.

Like I said before the DEC officers came right into my son's bowhunters ed class and asked how many of you guys have already taken a deer? They came right out and said they wouldn't do anything about why? Because they think it's assisinine that a kid can't hunt with a gun in NYS until their 16.

Who are you, Charlie, to determine what laws to follow and which ones to break???
I'm sure you choose which one you'll break,whether it's speeding or something else.

You look at your watch before you pull back that string as it gets dark?

I've seen many people on here come right out and say the stay in their tree until dark,illegal in Ny. Or shoot at first light.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Call me a poacher if you want I have been taking my son out hunting since he was in second grade.

After plenty of time in the woods and shooting I let him take a doe when he was 14, the deer was immediatly tagged and taken home.

He's never been in trouble doesn't drink or do drugs, and hasn't joined any groups in favor of anarchy I know of.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Charlie, you border on .... nevermind.
As do you.

Like I said before the DEC officers came right into my son's bowhunters ed class and asked how many of you guys have already taken a deer? They came right out and said they wouldn't do anything about why? Because they think it's assisinine that a kid can't hunt with a gun in NYS until their 16.

Who are you, Charlie, to determine what laws to follow and which ones to break???
I'm sure you choose which one you'll break,whether it's speeding or something else.

You look at your watch before you pull back that string as it gets dark?

I've seen many people on here come right out and say the stay in their tree until dark,illegal in Ny. Or shoot at first light.

CHarlie, whether you believe it or not, I have NEVER taken an illegal deer. There is no need to. Please don't assume what I or the other hunters in here wouldso you can justify why you do what you do.

I think browning has made the right decision. Heis teaching his daughter to respect authority. We teach by example Charlie. When she sees daddy repecting the law, she will respect her daddy's law.

Charlie, keep in mind that I think it stinks how much the government sticks it's nose in our lives. I agree with you that we should be able to determine when our child can take game ..... but the law makers do what theydo. Lets try and get ahold of ourLegislators and change the laws sowe have more of the freedomswe started with. But let's do it honestly.God will bless us then.

Chuck, let's agree to disagree .... God Bless
Old 01-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just so you know rev, I'm an athiest.

Didn't want you to waste all your blessing on a non believer.

No problem we can respectfully agree to disagree.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

A matter of patience. In this case the thrill of introducing a child to the sport would pale in comparison to the embarrassment that would be yours if you were caught and penalized.

As to other laws that people break, it would be great to think that at least on this board, most are promoting a spirit of cooperation with game laws so that the kids we're apparently so concerned about don't have a harder time in the future because of the acts of a few.

Some are promoting that spirit, some are essentially discouraging it.

Virtue and character are all about what you do when no one is looking. But our kids are always looking...at us.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Spike

A few years ago my son was 9 and we couldn't get him into the Hunter Ed class beforeour youth hunt. I called the game warden to ask what I should do.... His words were "Take that boy hunting"! Was he illegel? Yes!And I wouldwould do it again for a grandchild! The sight of that little guy taking his first deer was awesome! I sat right next to him in the stand and would have had complete control of his shotgun if something would've gone wrong.He now is 18 years old and follows the game laws. Does he speed yes... he probably even drinks a beer every now and then. The thing is we at least most of us have broken some sort of "law" but that does not make us bad people! Like another post said ask the CO or game warden about it andtake your daughter hunting!This ranks right up there with the little white lie! Huney does this skirt make my butt look big.... tell the truth and your a dead man! Unless it doesn't.....
Old 01-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would make her wait, it is a lesson in itself, hunting is a earned right and responsibility. The best thing to do is to teach them to be good hunters and to not bend the rules. There are too many peole out there bending the rules and making the rest look bad. Keep her honest and teach her to hunt the right way. Its only one more year, she can wait.