Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is this   poaching????? >

is this poaching?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is this poaching?????

Old 01-13-2007, 06:48 PM

Default RE: is this poaching?????

I know what you are saying but the law is the law. You have to be willing that your daughter may tell a MNR guy that she shot a deer by accident. And then explaing to her why you got in trouble. You can't expect a nine year old to keep a secret like that and not tell anyone by accident. If you can teach her how not to tell then you will be doing a good job of making her dishonest. You will enjoy the hunt, but it it worth putting her in that situation?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

I know what you are saying but the law is the law. You have to be willing that your daughter may tell a MNR guy that she shot a deer by accident. And then explaing to her why you got in trouble. You can't expect a nine year old to keep a secret like that and not tell anyone by accident. If you can teach her how not to tell then you will be doing a good job of making her dishonest. You will enjoy the hunt, but it it worth putting her in that situation?
Great post Hotburn ........ it is NEVER right to do wrong .... and you sure do not want to teach your precious daughter that it is ...
Old 01-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

let her shoot itand then claim it under my licence
I'm not aware of any place where it would be legal to have the animal tagged by anyone other than the person who shot it.

Each purchase of a lic/permit gives an individual hunter the privilege of legally persuing game, and the money from each of those purchases goes toward managing the resource. Money well spent.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the type of law that really irritates me. Don't catch me wrong here fellas just hear this out. The whole "you have to be a certain age to hunt" thing kind of makes me upset. I think it's a bit rediculous. I know that people are trying to keep kids and adults safe, but at the same time, I believe that a parent has a right to decide when they can or will take their kid hunting. I believe in Browning's situation he should be able to decide when his daughter is ready. I think that if we hold our kids back to a certain age, then we're depriving our youth of enjoying the hunt. Yeah it's awesome to take kids with you on a hunting trip, and I know they love it, but kids always want to be the one creating the action. I would hate to think how many kids may have been turned away because of an age restriction in a given state. I understand the "concept" behind it, and understand it's a matter of safety, but I also believe parents have a right to make that decision. My biggest thing is that I don't want to see kids lose their passion for hunting just because they're not allowed to go until they're a certain age. Just my 2 cents.

p.s. If the law's stating you can't "party hunt" 9i.e. tagging a deer for someone else, and if she doesn't have a license, then technically it's poaching. I hate to say that. The problem is you generally can't argue with the law, I'm just arguing for some way to help out your situation and other guys like you in the future. Hope you at least take her and she gets to enjoy it! Best of luck!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

This is the type of law that really irritates me..... The whole "you have to be a certain age to hunt" thing kind of makes me upset. I think it's a bit rediculous....... I believe that a parent has a right to decide when they can or will take their kid hunting. I believe in Browning's situation he should be able to decide when his daughter is ready.
bowtech .... i agree totally ... that brother lives in Canada .... soon they won't be able to even have a gun ..... we in America need to make sure that we keep after our legislators to change laws like that. In Liberal NY, my son couldn't bowhunt deer until he was 14 ... 16 for shotgun ..... ridiculous!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Who really cares. Sounds like a great hunt to me.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some things you just do and don't tell anybody.

The only thing I'll say is that when I was that age I sometimes would talk when I should have been listening. That would be my only concern.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i do not think it is. I mean if it is i think it is stupid becuase i mean the deer is still being taged by someone.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

What you must ask yourself is what are you teaching your daughter about laws and rules.Where would the line be drawn in her mind as to what is ok to fudge on and what needs to be followed by the letter.

Not saying you should or shouldn't but you MUST address this if you decide to let her do it.I personally would not,if it is the law.

I don't have that delimma because in Ky our kids can hunt at any age and don't have to worry about a orange card untill they are 10.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Some things you just keep to yourself. I would let her shoot.

Quick Reply: is this poaching?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.