Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 do decoys work for deer??? >

do decoys work for deer???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do decoys work for deer???

Old 01-11-2007, 11:15 PM

Default do decoys work for deer???

Has anyone used decoys for deer hunting and do they work???
Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Default RE: do decoys work for deer???

Never used one personally, but yes they work.

Next question?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bullet hole murphy

Has anyone used decoys for deer hunting and do they work???
No, I haven't used them, but yes, they work.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like every year I think about getting one to try, but don't. Maybe next year.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

They sure do work. Look at this BRUTE who came into the decoy this fall . The doe and fawn ignored it but this little guy (button buck) actually postured at the decoy for a couple minutes. It was fairly amusing to watch thefawn buckact like atuff guy [8D]

Old 01-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

I started using one this year and man was it awesome. I shot a doe second week of October with her nose inches from a white flag I attached to her rear end soaked in Tinks. In the first week of November I attached a small six point rack. I worked a nice ten a couple hundred yards across a soy field only to blow the shot at fifteen yards. Brought in a basket seven that was a little cautious and never came out of the thick but was only ten yards to my right side also had a spike stand and swell and pin his ears back five yards from the decoy for about fifteen minutes. My opinion they work very well in bringing deer across fields and large openings you may have never got a shot across.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ikilled my 140 class this year as he came in to kick my decoys a$$, i also have a bunch of footage of other bucks walking around it and posturing..What we have found out we use a buck decoy and only use one antler so even the little bucks will challege it.. Walt
Old 01-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think thst they work pretty good. I have not used one but a lot of people i know do.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

I am considering one for this comming year only I am thinking 2 standing and one laying down so I'll have a total of 3 to simulate a deer heard, I wonder if that'll work as wellas a single standing one or do you think it would deter others from joining I think they are social animals aren't they?
what do you guys think
Old 01-13-2007, 05:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

They sure do work. Look at this BRUTE who came into the decoy this fall . The doe and fawn ignored it but this little guy (button buck) actually postured at the decoy for a couple minutes. It was fairly amusing to watch thefawn buckact like atuff guy [8D]

Are you set up right in this pic. I thought a buck will generaly approch from the rear of the decoy. Of course this little guy proves me wrong but he is just that, a little guy. And if your buck hunting wouldn't you use a buck decoy?

Quick Reply: do decoys work for deer???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.