Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your favorite bowhunting experience / memory? >

What's your favorite bowhunting experience / memory?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your favorite bowhunting experience / memory?

Old 01-11-2007, 05:41 AM

Default What's your favorite bowhunting experience / memory?

Old 01-11-2007, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your favorite bowhunting experience / memory?

Well here are my top 3.
1. Last spring completing my turkey grand slam.
2. In 2002 my 255lb 130+ inch PA buck.
3. Filming my wife missing a buck this fall. Im not glad she missed. But getting share her experience was awesome.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Dominant Buck

It's still seeing the buck I injured again ......alive, well and no worse for wear (I just nicked him).

I actually saw him again, last night!

Old 01-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably, when on the 2nd day of the '05 season, a buck came my way after2 does that I thought at the time he was trailing. But he got to about 20 yds, and I got ready to draw, and out of nowhere he pile drived his head into the ground. Now picture his rear end still in the air and his front half on the ground. Next thing I know hes on the ground and down for the count. I call my dad on his cell(his stand was on the other side of a ridge and about 150 yds away), it turn out he shot that buck about 2 min before it collapsed in front of me. It turned out to be a nice 8 pt. I will never forget sitting in my stand trying to figure out what had happened before I called my dad.
heres a pic of his buck, I went on to get a 100 class 8 pt that same season, it was a great season in all.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/zdeerslayer/2004_1217Image0002.jpg

Old 01-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

One morning last year I went out in my leaf cut ghillie to hunt my favorite spot in my back yard . I had gotten down to the bottom of a sinkhole there intending to use a certain bush for cover only to find that it had apparently dropped it's leaves overnight . I was just about to locate to another spot when I saw a doe come into view on the rim of the sinkhole , leaving me caught out in the open with nowhere to hide except for my ghillie , so I just froze . She meandered across the woods floor about 20 yards away , stopping occasionally to nibble acorns , when she finally noticed "the new shrub" down below her and began to stamp and snort . After several minutes of this standoff with no reaction from "the shrub" she went back to grazing . I watched her intently , heart hammering in my chest as I waited for a shot opportunity , but to my utter horror her little sister suddenly appeared at the same point from which she had entered ! The scenario repeated as the new doe spotted me and began the stamp and snort routine while the larger doe calmly grazed , then they switched places . The younger one grazed while her sister tried to snort "the shrub" into moving , and the whole time my arms are beginning to cramp from holding my bow at waist level . This continued for probably 15 minutes , then the sisters calmly walked across the remaining distance to the tree line and disappeared never once giving me a chance to draw . It was probably the single most fun time I've ever spent while on a hunt .
Old 01-11-2007, 07:25 AM

I had some deers fighting about 25 yards away from my stand it wa cool but it didnt last to long it was a 6 point vs a 8 or 10 point
Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 AM

BF 's most memorable moment.. Every time he can go.. He appreciates having the opportunity to hunt private land and going out as much as possible. whether he sees something or not.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

My 2 kids getting there first deer with a bow.

MC
Old 01-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

My best experience was this seasons bowhunt in the Edmonton Bow Zone, Alberta. It was real cold and lots of snow, a winter wonderland.I saw 4 bucks that week in bow range. The biggest, a GIANT 10pt but no shotopp. He was the biggest buck I've ever seen in my life! I also rattled in my first bucks, that 10pt and one (wide 8pt) that I actually watched react to the antlers and come running to within 15yrds of me, but again not a clear shot. It was awesome!
Last, but certainly not least was the 300lb 8pt I shot on my next to the last day of my hunt. I got a nice heart shot at 19yrds. After the hit I actually watched himcrash aftergoing only 60yrds. He's my best buck yet. I couldn't have had a betterhunt. I'm fortunate.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Trying to call ina 160-170" ten point that was about 60 yards from me...then, hearing another buck come running in from behind as he heard my calling. I quickly got him to stop about 15 yards from presenting a broadside shot...let 'er fly and hefell 60 yards from me. He was a 158" ten point. Not a bad consolation prize.

Quick Reply: What's your favorite bowhunting experience / memory?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.