Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 delayed gratification >

delayed gratification

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

delayed gratification

Old 01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default delayed gratification

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=489

why do we talk aboutNOT shooting small bucks, How do you justify small bucks...I don't care if your ten years old,why?
Anyone disagree? Shooting small bucks is not an ego thing. It doesn't matter how big they are as long as they're mature. Theres no reason to shoot a buck under 100" no matter where your from! leave the small ones Its called Hunting, not shooting the first thing that comes along!
[*]To pursue (game) for food or sport.[*]To search through (an area) for prey: hunted the ridges.[*]To make use of (hounds, for example) in pursuing game.[*]To pursue intensively so as to capture or kill: hunted down the escaped convict.[*]To seek out; search for.[*]To drive out forcibly, especially by harassing; chase away: hunted the newcomers out of town. [/ol]

[hr]

Killing spikes is not hunting!
Go ahead defend yourselves!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: delayed gratification

Holy mother of God what did you just do, who's turn to make the popcorn I made it last time!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:45 PM

Well, well, well, what we starting here? Depending on circumstances, but definitely not the norm, I would not have a problem with a young hunter "harvesting" a young buck. Maybe you should run for office?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:47 PM

I see you just happen to call one the best hunting states on the planet home..... You mid west guys crack me up.... Many wouldn't last a week in the big woods of the South or East.....
Old 01-10-2007, 03:48 PM

get ready for the long haul this one might last well into spring.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Ten years old is probably a bit steep, I understand first buck mentallity, But what about the other 99% of so called "hunters" harvesting 33"chers
All i was asking was why?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:52 PM

It's pretty arrogant to try to impose your standards upon everyone else. If you don't want to shoot a deer less than 100", then don't. Don't criticize people for harvesting any legal deer that brings them satisfaction!! My son (7 years old) got his first deer this year and it was a 6 pt that might be 50". He was probably more happy with his deer (so was I) than you would have been with a 150" deer. Go out, have fun, hunt legal, and be proud of what you shoot!!!

Here you go Germ! One for you and one for me!

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I see you just happen to call one the best hunting states on the planet home..... You mid west guys crack me up.... Many wouldn't last a week in the big woods of the South or East.....
Excuse me? This midwestman would have no problem in thesapling-filled city parks you call forrests in the East or the swamps with three trees called forrests in the south. You want to experience true hunting craft and challenge, then the midwest is the place!
Giant Nontypical

Some folks don't have quality land and/or a lot of it to hunt on ... I have been there ..... my family and I love venison, and I have and will shoot a small buck if I do not have my freezer full. That is why they are here white..... you are just gonna have to deal

Quick Reply: delayed gratification

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.