Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 delayed gratification >

delayed gratification

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

delayed gratification

Old 01-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: delayed gratification

Unless these were your first couple of deer, Unless your young
unless your deer population is 1 for every ten square miles why?

heres a list
Member: Oneshot7
Member: MALLARDMAN21
Member: Theinespines3
Member: SRBowman
Member: Western MA Hunter
Member: HUNGAR
Member: APAJaws
Member: bowhuntinoh
Member: Rick James
Member: atlasman
Member: duckdog132
Member: Q2INWHITETAILS
Member: Vogt 51
Member: bowhunter2117
Member: NEW61375
Member: North4
Member: Buck Magnet
Member: Wheatley
Member: Pa Trophy Man
Member: HighCountry BruteForce
Member: mitchmtm1
Member:AR 34 eight point
Member: leverdude
Just a few.....If you have an excuse I'd like to hear it otherwise I've stated my point. If its one of your first bucks cool, If your young cool, If it was your first deer with a bow cool, If not why did you shoot?
[hr]

Think of all the potential bucks in 2009
Old 01-10-2007, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetailsoldier

Unless these were your first couple of deer, Unless your young
unless your deer population is 1 for every ten square miles why?

heres a list
Member: Oneshot7
Member: MALLARDMAN21
Member: Theinespines3
Member: SRBowman
Member: Western MA Hunter
Member: HUNGAR
Member: APAJaws
Member: bowhuntinoh
Member: Rick James
Member: atlasman
Member: duckdog132
Member: Q2INWHITETAILS
Member: Vogt 51
Member: bowhunter2117
Member: NEW61375
Member: North4
Member: Buck Magnet
Member: Wheatley
Member: Pa Trophy Man
Member: HighCountry BruteForce
Member: mitchmtm1
Member:AR 34 eight point
Member: leverdude
Just a few.....If you have an excuse I'd like to hear it otherwise I've stated my point. If its one of your first bucks cool, If your young cool, If it was your first deer with a bow cool, If not why did you shoot?

[hr]

Think of all the potential bucks in 2009
If you look at this way, do you shoot Doe's in the late season. If so you could be shooting potentially the next world record buck and not knowing it. The deer heards need to be regulated. That is to include small bucks. Some people just like to fill there tag. Others, like you just want a big buck, some like it just for the meat, and others just like to kill deer. I am in the kill deer part, although I don't shoot small bucks anymore. Just the mature bucks.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:18 PM

Here you go soldierboy, just for you.

So what do ya think. My first season, First deer, first butcher, 2nd day of hunting. And Damn he tasted GREAT. This was on private land with deer running around like crazy. I missed a 12 pt on the first day, shot right over his back. This guy gave me the next oppertunity and I took it, So tell me soldier. What would your problem be with that??????? And guess what. If the same sized deer presents himself to me next season guess what. I'll put him down and be just as excited about it if it were a 12 pt. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I almost forgot thats a Button buck up there if you didn't notice.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: flyfishpj

ORIGINAL: Campo

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=489

why do we talk aboutNOT shooting small bucks, How do you justify small bucks...I don't care if your ten years old,why?
Anyone disagree? Shooting small bucks is not an ego thing. It doesn't matter how big they are as long as they're mature. Theres no reason to shoot a buck under 100" no matter where your from! leave the small ones Its called Hunting, not shooting the first thing that comes along![*]To pursue (game) for food or sport.[*]To search through (an area) for prey: hunted the ridges.[*]To make use of (hounds, for example) in pursuing game.[*]To pursue intensively so as to capture or kill: hunted down the escaped convict.[*]To seek out; search for. To drive out forcibly, especially by harassing; chase away: hunted the newcomers out of town.

[hr]

Killing spikes is not hunting!
Go ahead defend yourselves!

You, my friend, are a ***bag.
What is your'e problem, man? This guy is stating his opinion. If you want to argue it, then do so, but don't act like an immature middle schooler at the lunch table.
No problem man. Though I may not agree with what he says, I will defend to the death his right to say it. Same thing applies to me. I think he is being a ***bag...or perhaps I should have said idiot, maybe that wouldnt have been so "middle school". See, I have no issue with his arguement, only the way he went about it. If you see his post above calling certain members out, you will see what I mean.
Campo
Old 01-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

white .... have you ever shot a big buck?
Old 01-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

I am in the kill deer part, although I don't shoot small bucks anymore. Just the mature bucks.
WHY?
Old 01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

white .... have you ever shot a big buck?
No, I've never shot a small one either!
I have three stuffed in between 100"and 136"

Old 01-10-2007, 04:27 PM

oh good god this is gonna last forever. why do people have to worry about what other people are shooting unless its illegal? why cant people just keep their standards to themselves and keep their freakin mouths shut? like mentioned before, there are so many situations out there. i am in the part that if i see a deer that is legal then it will get shot. i just dont have the best ground or deer population. so you guys that have all these big places to hunt and they have like 1,000,000,000,000,000 deer per square mile and are tellin me to not shoot small bucks can shove it.the only mature deer i have seen is a huge doe when we were farming and a 12 point that got hit. and i love you guys who have the great huntin places and dont brag about it all the time like some of these people. just my 2 cents.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: flyfishpj

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=489

why do we talk aboutNOT shooting small bucks, How do you justify small bucks...I don't care if your ten years old,why?
Anyone disagree? Shooting small bucks is not an ego thing. It doesn't matter how big they are as long as they're mature. Theres no reason to shoot a buck under 100" no matter where your from! leave the small ones Its called Hunting, not shooting the first thing that comes along![*]To pursue (game) for food or sport.[*]To search through (an area) for prey: hunted the ridges.[*]To make use of (hounds, for example) in pursuing game.[*]To pursue intensively so as to capture or kill: hunted down the escaped convict.[*]To seek out; search for. To drive out forcibly, especially by harassing; chase away: hunted the newcomers out of town.

[hr]

Killing spikes is not hunting!
Go ahead defend yourselves!

You, my friend, are a ***bag.
What is your'e problem, man? This guy is stating his opinion. If you want to argue it, then do so, but don't act like an immature middle schooler at the lunch table.
No problem man. Though I may not agree with what he says, I will defend to the death his right to say it. Same thing applies to me. I think he is being a douchebag...or perhaps I should have said idiot, maybe that wouldnt have been so "middle school". See, I have no issue with his arguement, only the way he went about it. If you see his post above calling certain members out, you will see what I mean.
Campo
[*]Yeah, now I see what you mean. Didn't read that part at first. Sorry, man. I wouldn't have used the word douchebag though. Anyway, I totally disagree whitetailsoldier, however I respect your opinion. I think that in order for deer herds tot be in control, the shooting of smaller bucks and does needs to happen. I used to not think so but an episode of Spirit of The Wild changed that. The nuge had such a good way of explaining why it needs to happen. Particularly in the midwest and the northeast/north. The main thing that he said was that these small does are impregnated to early when there is too many of them. They have these fawns with not enough nutrition in the first place and then don't parent them right because of the fact that they are so young. Well, these fawns ends up dying. Shooting these small does and bucks in these areas will stop that from happening.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:29 PM

Soldier. First you state " I don't care if your ten years old,why?"

Then you state "Unless these were your first couple of deer, Unless your young
unless your deer population is 1 for every ten square miles why?"

Makes no sense. They do what they do and you do what you do AND YOU'LL LIKE IT.

Quick Reply: delayed gratification

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.