Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Our season is OVER >

Our season is OVER

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Our season is OVER

Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Our season is OVER

Wellour bow hunting is over for a while.[&o] This morning HCH (Don) went out hunting and fell downa ravine. He called me around 6:30a.m. and said he had fallen and was not sure how he was going to get out of the timber. He was about a half of a mile in or so in some pretty steep areas and he said when he had fallen he had heard some pops. So I called one of his good buddies and my brother and we headed out to get him. While he was waiting for us to get there he called me and said he had a few nice does walk pretty close in to him. He said he could have shot them, but, didn't think we would appreciate having to get them out of the woods along with him. Once we got to him he decided that he would crawl out. We all carried his gear and he crawled out for half a mile. It was tough going. Anyways he ended up breaking his ankle in the back where it connects to the heal. Needless to say we are not going to be hunting for a little while, and we will not be going to the ATA.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Our season is OVER

Bummer. I hope he recovers fast.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like him; thinking about shooting a deer with a broken ankle. Hardcore.
I guess he will be on here alot more than usual. Tell him I wish him the best.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 PM

Well I'm glad to hear that he wasn't injured any worse than that! At least he was in good spirits when he called you the second time.

Keep us informed on how he's doing!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:53 PM

Thanks everyone! He was pretty lucky.Right now he can't walk atall andis headed to the surgeons tommorrow. I will let himknowyou'all are thinking about him.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Spike

Hope all goes well!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Site Bouncer

I hope he heals fast...Thanks for the post Hoytgirl

Sorry HCH!

Get better bud!

Old 01-09-2007, 03:15 PM

Tell him he's in my prayers. At least it wasn't at the beginning of the season. Now he has until next season to recover. Unless he turkey hunts. Man, that would suck.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: flyfishpj

Tell him he's in my prayers. At least it wasn't at the beginning of the season. Now he has until next season to recover. Unless he turkey hunts. Man, that would suck.
Thank you. Wedid havea great season!It was lucky it was in the end. He does turkey hunt, but, I bet he will be ready for it. If not I will just make him crawl in. Or put him in a wheel-barrow and roll him in. Or I will just go by myself.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

OUCH,

Tell Don to heal quick!!!! We are thinking about him.

Quick Reply: Our season is OVER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.