Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Our season is OVER >

Our season is OVER

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Our season is OVER

Old 01-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Our season is OVER

Thanks for the heads up, Sarah... Definitely tell Don we're thinking about him and are praying for a speedy recovery with no lingering effects.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get well soon HCH. I guess this makes it hard to ride that HARLEY too. Maybe it will be cold so you won,t miss too much riding time.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

Tell the doc to put him in a hip cast...then get everything off your chest you been wanting to tell him(jk)

Wishing him a speedy recovery, Take care!
Old 01-10-2007, 05:28 AM

real sorry to hear about that - glad it was 'just' an ankle.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:44 AM

Wow, I just found this post. Glad he is going to be ok.
Good thing he had his phone with him so he could call for help. That had to hurt him, having to call for help.
That's too bad you're going to miss the ATA show, I know you were looking forward to going.

I hope all goes well with the doctor today and they can fix him up good as new.
Take good care of him, I know you will.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to hear about Don.

Can't you still hunt?????
Old 01-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear and best of luck at the surgeons office. Hopefully you will be up and about soon.....
Old 01-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just now reading this post too. I was looking at the title and thinking "Duh, the season is over for most of us." Didn't realize he meant personally. Sorry to hear about the fall. Hope recovery is quick and easy.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned

Thanks for all the kind words everybody,appreciate it!!!Not feeling any better but as of now theDr.is holding off on any surgery for 10 days and wants to see me then and then take more xrays and make sure that the bone fracture isn't getting more fractured. He put me in a camboot and has ordered me to keep it elevated and off of it for probably six weeks at least.Really sucked; I was only 35 yds from my treestand locationmoving my way up a draw when the mud under the leaves caused me to slip and my foot went under mybutt as I fell down. I heard what sounded like two knuckles pop and immediate pain. I knew the hunt was over. I got a walking stick and tried tomake it out but the ankle wouldn't take any weight. 10 yds later I decided to call Sarah and have her help me by carrying my bow and backpack.As I laid in the path waiting for her a half an hour had passed andI saw twodoes walk right by my stand as the sun was coming up. They continued right towards meas I struggled to get my release on without them seeing me. Theywent out of sight around a nob and I quickly nocked an arrowand got up on one knee. About this time they smelled where I had fell down and took off on high alert and went back by my stand location one more time. Just as well; my brother-in-law and a buddy came with my wife and they probably wouldn't have been too happy about having to drag
a doe out.(But you can bet that I would have given the shot)Crawling on my hands and knees for a 1/4 mile(not a 1/2 mile like Sarah reported)really made my knees as sore as my darn foot. There was no way that my friends could really help me on the steep terrain so the only way out was on my knees or a stretcher. They cleared sticks and debris out of my way to make it easier on me.

Thankful for the cable tv with hunting shows and the laptop computer. I am already going crazy though. We had to cancel the ATA show next weekend in Atlanta and it cost us $300 cancellation fees between the airfare and hotel room.[:@]
Old 01-10-2007, 07:03 PM

Glad to see you are well enough to at least check in and give us an update.
Good thing this didn't happen back in Oct!
Get well as soon as you can.

Did you get my email?

Quick Reply: Our season is OVER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.