Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow; Form.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New bow; Form.

Other than that shirt beeing too small.[:-]It looks much better.You have enough to work on for now.

Keep working on these things and I think you will see an improvement.

It will "feel" unaturall for a while just because you have been doing it the other way for so long.Like I said earlier.If you don't push your hips without the bow,why would you do it with it?
Old 01-09-2007, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Just busting your chops WH, you already answered your own question...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1758564
Old 01-09-2007, 05:55 AM

You may want to reconsider a nose knot. They don't weigh anything and it locks you in instantly. No searching around. This only works if you touch your nose to the string when at full draw. I've been using it for over 15 years and love it for hunting.My three reference points are my anchor point, nose button and peep. This forces you into a consistant anchor/aim. It has worked well for me. You could always try it then discard it if you don't like it.
I haven't tied a "nose knot" but I do put my nose on the string when at full draw. It definitely helps.

I posted some pics a while back requesting my form to be critiqued. I know what I need to do but doing it is another thing.

I.E. Lowering my release arm so my body forms a T-bone has got to be the hardest thing for me to overcome. I just have trouble doing this.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:55 AM

very nice good luck with the new bow.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:02 AM

I am no critic but looks like your elbow is locked to me. nice bow.. I just got my tribute and love it
Old 01-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll offer you this just for information. Video number 1
http://www.bowhunter.com/bowhuntermagtv/BHTV_DOdescriptions/
Old 01-09-2007, 08:10 AM

I can see some other problems that others haven't even considered. But, I feel I should keep my comments to myself. Good luck with your education in archery form.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can see some other problems that others haven't even considered. But, I feel I should keep my comments to myself. Good luck with your education in archery form.
I don't know how to say this in a nice way, but why bother posting that? Is it just so he knows an expert knows he's doing something wrong, but won't tell him what?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I don't know how to say this in a nice way, but why bother posting that? Is it just so he knows an expert knows he's doing something wrong, but won't tell him what?
I was thinking the same thing, LOL
Old 01-09-2007, 08:30 AM

Why, because as I read all the posts I saw people trying to give him someadvice and most were getting refutted. When I ask for advice, I try to accept it all graciously and thank those who offer it. I quietly accept what I want and QUIETLY reject what I don't want.

Myresponse was made inhopes that he and othersmight comprehend what can be missed by not being more acceptable to negative criticism and criticism that maynot be applicable.

Quick Reply: New bow; Form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.