Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

posting pics

Old 11-28-2002, 09:39 PM

Default posting pics

I finally got the pic of my first bowkill scanned, now how do I post it?

aka MALENURSE, aka Cajun67
Aim hard, aim harder!!
Old 11-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: posting pics

BAYOUBENGALS, you can mail it to me and I will get it on for you or you can check out this link and try to do it youself. It is on page 4 of bowhunting.com right now if the link does not work for you. http://forum.hunting.net/bbs/topic.a...49&FORUM_ID=19

The best of luck in all your hunting endeavors!!!

God Bless,
Dave
Old 11-28-2002, 10:11 PM

Hey there Malenurse.

First you must have your pictures posted on the net on a picture hosting site like hunting-pictures.com or msn. Once you have your pics uploaded to the site then go to your pics and right click on them, go to "properties" and copy the address (URL). Start a post and click on the "Insert Image" icon and it will insert the command needed in brackets. Paste your address in between the two bracketed commands and your picture should appear. Do the preview until it works.

I've had problems with doing it from Webshots so as you've seen before I just paste a link to my albums and tell them where to go. Like:

http://community.webshots.com/user/rjllewel

Good luck and can't wait to see that 3 pointer of yours.
Old 11-28-2002, 11:24 PM

I created a hunting-picture.com account, but it want take my photos. Theyare not in graphics file,RON1.png, instead of .jpg . Anyway will I be able to convert them??

aka MALENURSE, aka Cajun67
Aim hard, aim harder!!
Old 11-29-2002, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Yes you will be able to convert them, what you can try first is: after you have browsed and opened the pic you want to upload, before you click upload, click on the file name above upload and use your right arrow ---> to go all the way to end of the pics address and backspace to remove the png and replace it with (lowercase) jpg.

If this does not work, than you will have to open the pic on your computer first, and in your upper left of the browser, in the tool bar click on "File", then in ther dropdown list click on "save as", at the bottom of the box that opens is a drop down list, save it in jpeg/jpg format. then try the hunting pics thing again. If, when it is resaved or anytime you save or download pics to your puter, they are not saved in jpg(not JPG) format, when you try to upload to hunting-pics, it will give you the same message. I have had pics sent to me to post for other folks that were saved in capital JPG, this is also not a graphic image format and can be fixed with this proceedure.
Hope this helps and you can understand it, if not just holler..

The best of luck in all your hunting endeavors!!!

God Bless,
Dave

Edited by - deerdust on 11/29/2002 05:22:52