Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you guys fear when in the stand? >

What do you guys fear when in the stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you guys fear when in the stand?

Old 01-08-2007, 09:50 AM

Default RE: What do you guys fear when in the stand?

I forgot to mention about the tree breaking like some of you already have. Either that or the tree uprooting after a hard rain when the wind gets bad.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Earlier this season, I also had that happen . . . on the bow's descent. The parachute cord that I use somehow was damaged and the outer casing was cut all the way around. I assumed it would be alright for the trip down and I would fix it later. The bow got about 3 feet below my hand and the rope broke![:@] My bow dropped about 15 feet to the ground and the quiver broke off and the arrows all came out of it,

I was troubled to say the least.

However, I took my bow to the pro shop to have it looked at by a technician and it was fine. Amazingly, I was able to reassemble the quiver and I'm still using it.

The thing I worry about most though is having a tree step break or the stand give way. Even strapped in, it's gonna be a problem!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I fear the tree I'm in snapping off on a windy day.

I fear an ADJACENT tree snapping off and clipping me.

That's about it....

Old 01-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Alot of things don't bother me much any more , though the years I've fallen out of my treestand , had a dead tree come down toward me on a windy day , been shot at three diffrent times that bothers me a little every now and then.
One day I did a bear hunt up north and I was in my treestand , well just around day break I had this bear climbing up my tree , now THAT really bothered the CRAP out of me.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've said it before, the only things I fear are soap and water and then only if ya mix em!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 AM

only thing i fear is falling asleep in my treestand an falling out again.. an hitting the ground doesnt feel to good lol.. next time instead of a few days bedrest it might be a lifetime of bedrest.. thats my only fear.. an oh yea one of them little furballs climbing up a tree an trying to bite me lol.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

My bow hangs on a screw-in hook off to one side of my stand. A broadhead tipped arrow is already in place. If I would fall, my harness would arrest my fall and could guide me directly onto this deadly combo. Not a pleasant thought. Guess I'll look for a different place to hang my bow!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Site Buck Guru

Lightining.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fear that I'm not far enough away from a dead tree and it will decide to fall in my direction. (I've seen this happen to a permanent stand and it wasn't pretty).

I fear that a big branch above me will break off and hit me.

I fear that after the holidays, I might exceed the weight capacity of my climber.

I fear that a squirrel will climb the tree that I'm in and decide to take up residence in my pack and I will reach my hand in the pack. [:@]

I fear that the idiots that hunt to the south of my lease will trespass (they do it alot) squirrel hunting and shoot me, not seeing that I'm way too large for a squirrel. [:@]
Old 01-08-2007, 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Monsterhunter0021

only thing i fear is falling asleep in my treestand an falling out again.. an hitting the ground doesnt feel to good lol.. next time instead of a few days bedrest it might be a lifetime of bedrest.. thats my only fear.. an oh yea one of them little furballs climbing up a tree an trying to bite me lol.
Then you should wake up and put on a harness...

Quick Reply: What do you guys fear when in the stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.