Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the strangest thing you've seen while bowhunting? >

What's the strangest thing you've seen while bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the strangest thing you've seen while bowhunting?

Old 01-07-2007, 09:08 PM

Default RE: What's the strangest thing you've seen while bowhunting?

I was hunting and had a tree pretty close to me fall and come crashing through the woods. Not close enough for me to be in danger, but it was really loud. Kinda looked like jurassic park where the trees start moving then the t-rex appeared.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:18 PM

I watched a bobcat chase a squirrel up a tree......only to watch that same bobcat FALL OUT of that same tree......that was hysterical!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

I had a pie bald spike buck come right under my tree during the rut. I was really thinking about taking the shot but better judgement set in b/c it too dark to clearly see my pins.

The night before that, I had just started a rattling sequence and I hear a squirrel going nuts. Then I see/hear a bunch of rustling in the leaves about 40ft. off the ground and next thing I know, the squirrel is falling straight down. Hits the ground, sits there a few seconds then climbs right back up the tree.......I couldn't quit laughing the rest of the hunt!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was sitting in a makeshift grond blind up north one day being real still and quiet to the point I started dozing off when I flet something nawing at my boots.
I woke up to look down at my toe's and saw a baby porcupine chewing on my boot , it startled me so bad that my first reaction was to kick and boy did I ever.
That little rodent went hurling like a football going over the goal post.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Bartender

Reflection
Old 01-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I watched a ferret or martin or something like that chase a brown mouse all over the place one morning. They both went up a tree about 20 feet from me and ran around like they do on cartoons. The mouse ran to the top of the tree and then down into it (it was dead and broken off about 30 feet up) and the ferret-thing (about 3 feet behind) followed. The mouse came out about 5 or 6 feet down and rann straight up and off the top of the tree! He looked like he had a bottle rocket on his back! He shot off that tree and landed in another about 4 or 5 feet away. When that ferret-thing stuck his head out the side he just looked around not know ing which way the mouse went. It was the funniest sight I can remember.

Also watched a falcon chase a dove around the tree-tops one morning for about 10 minutes. That was absolutely amazing. I never seen or heard either one hit a branch, but they were both going as fast as I've ever seen birds fly, dippin and dodgin and weavin. Just incredible.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

Atwenty-something couple going for it on a blanket about 50 yards from my tree. I let them finish up and then whistled and made a clapping motion with my hands. Never seen two people hi-tail it out of an area so quickly!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:30 AM

This past season I saw a nice 6 point buck make a rub 50 yards from me and then leave, then not even 20 minutes later a button buck came right to that group of trees and started rubbing them like he had a full set of antlers, thinking he was a big buck. It gave me a good laugh especially after that nice 6pt didn't want to come to my calls and just casually walked off.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

I was out squirell hunting with my dad and a good buddie of ours. We settled under a big Hickory at lunch. Well we all dozed off and when Eddy woke, there were three deer standing less than 5 ft away. The funniest thing i ever seen was when i was in New Mexico. I was stationed at Kirtland AFB. A bunch of us took an electronic call out to see what we could see. Well, we stuck the speaker out the window and cranked her up. In about ten minutes this young Bobcat comes flying out of the brush and sailed through the window. Three grone men gave one 10lb cat a new Chevy.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I saw 2 escaped convicts running past my treestand. A few minutes later there were law enforcement vehicles all over the place and a helicopter flying overhead [8D]. Must have been hundreds of cops rumbling through the woods. I got down (figuring there was a good chance my hunt was ruined that day [8D]) and told them I saw them and pointed out where they headed. Not sure anything will top that day.

Quick Reply: What's the strangest thing you've seen while bowhunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.