HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Would you take this shot??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/173314-would-you-take-shot.html)

southern_hunter194 01-03-2007 03:33 PM

RE: Would you take this shot???

no i probably wouldnt. i would only take a shot at it if there was a clear shot for the KILL ZONE

GMMAT 01-03-2007 03:34 PM

Claim is one lung. This is his first deer.

salty 01-03-2007 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Claim is one lung. This is his first deer.

I was going to say this is possibly someone's first deer or first attempt to make a shot on a deer. Either way it's dead and he still has the other side of the rear for meat

mnbuckman 01-03-2007 03:40 PM

No, I would not take that shot. I would be more worried about not having an exit hole, and then having a hard blood trail to follow. Looks like it did the job though.

Finch 01-03-2007 03:47 PM

NO, I would not even think about taking that shot. It seems pretty foolish to me. That arrow could have easily not hit its mark and then you would have one suffering deer. He might as well had sent that arrow straight up the deer's azz if taking those kind of shots.

A kidney shot is a lethal shot. If thats all I had; I would not take that shoteither.[&:]

Just because something is a lethal hit doesn't mean you should aim for it.

bowhunterjohn 01-03-2007 03:51 PM

Heck I dont even like taking a quartering too shot. I like em broadside or slightly quartering away.

Thats asking for trouble, was it a mistake.. ie.... hit a branch or something?

I like to eat the loins too much, that shot would make em taste like a rotten catfish LOL

terbzz 01-03-2007 03:57 PM

i bet it was a quarting away shot and messed it up

Finch 01-03-2007 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: terbzz

i bet it was a quarting away shot and messed it up
Thats another possibility but thats not how I read the posts. Supposedly, thats the only shot that was available???

EDIT: I actually take the abovestatement back. That would be one helluva of a quartering away shot.

animalized 01-03-2007 04:01 PM

I would absolutely not take that shot and for a couple reasons. One, because I simply would not take a shot like that and two, because two years ago, a freind of mine called me and said he had just shot a buck. He wanted to know if I would go help him track it. (he had little tracking experience) After talking to him about the shot, etc., I told him he did the right thing by leaving it sit for a while and agrees to go help him track it. By the time I got there, it was a good couple hours after he shot it. Well, to make a long story short, there certainly was a HUGE blood trail to follow but let me tell you, when I came upon that deer and found it, right at that moment it made me sick and also made me regret getting this person into this sport. The arrow was exactly like the one in this posts picture. You could clearly see where the deer had laid there for quite some time, bleeding, and obviously suffering, then finally died. There was lots of snow on the ground which made it that much easier to see this. Just picturing in my head, this deer lying there suffering like that, with this arrow sticking out of his rear, was absolutely sickening. Not to mention the smell. I could hardly stand it so you know it was bad.

I hope I NEVER have to witness anything like that again. I realize I'm a hunter but that is something that could have easily been avoided.

Buster T 01-03-2007 04:22 PM

okay, you are NOT showing us a shot - you are showing us a HIT

big difference - anyone who's bowhunted knows that deer can move, jump, the arrows can deflect, the shots can look different than they are ......... I have NO IDEA of knowing what "shot" was offered or taken, thus I cannot say one way or the other IF I'd have taken it !

as for that hit ? it'll kill a deer everytime IMO because it got deep penetration, certainly live and lung and everything in between femoral artery and lung. Deadly shot, nasty to clean that deer I bet.