Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A Field Dressing Suprise....Pic >

A Field Dressing Suprise....Pic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A Field Dressing Suprise....Pic

Old 01-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A Field Dressing Suprise....Pic

gross but interesting to say the least.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 PM

Most any mature doe taken this time of year above the Mason Dixon lineis carrying a fetus.
Agreed and well said Antler Eater. I'd even say that any mature doe (even yearlings and some fawns from this year) are likely carrying a fetus if they are on the northern side of central North Carolina- much further south than the Mason-Dixon.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

My friends and i went hunting on Saturday and we killed three doe. All three were pregnant with twins. I thought this was strange, I may be ignorant on the subject, but I was always told that doe normally give birth to one fawn and only sometimes more.

Anyone have any info on this? Am i ignorant or was this a strange coincidence?

Thanks,
KP
[/quote/]

my reply-----twins are actually more common in whitetails than singles, from what i've read and seen.----sorry for the confusing post, moose
Old 01-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

Most any mature doe taken this time of year above the Mason Dixon lineis carrying a fetus.
Agreed and well said Antler Eater. I'd even say that any mature doe (even yearlings and some fawns from this year) are likely carrying a fetus if they are on the northern side of central North Carolina- much further south than the Mason-Dixon.
I agree. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this over the years. The weirdest thing I saw was in early Jan a doe my friend killed had about a 10" fawn in it. Only 1, and that sucker was really developed. It was a buck. Pretty cool.

This exact reason is why the DNR's in overpopulated areas extend the late season so long...you get 2 or 3 or 4 with one shot.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’m going to have to add a jar of formaldehyde to my list of things to put in my pack for 2007!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you shoot a doe after the rut, most of them will be pregnant. Most doe do carry more than one fetus. In my area, Western NY, they just aren't developed enough to catch your eye. I suppose in the late season, if you searched hard enough, you would find them though. It's all part of the sport.