Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coyote Huntin with a bow?? >

Coyote Huntin with a bow??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote Huntin with a bow??

Old 12-30-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Coyote Huntin with a bow??

I was just wondering if anybody has been coyote hunting with there bow. I was thinking about trying it out this year and was wondering how far I need to be able to shoot accuratley with a bow. I was thinking about 50 Yards. Any input?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:13 PM

Default RE: Coyote Huntin with a bow??

I've not set out deliberately hunting them with my bow, but I'm an opportunist....I shoot em when they walk by....
Old 12-30-2006, 10:18 PM

I'd say you need to be accurate to about 450 yardsAll I can say is its pretty dang hard and when you cant save any meat or anything I dont think it is worth spending the time.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:20 PM

I am not looking to eat coyote, I just like the challenge on shooting them
Old 12-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

Three timeswhile deer hunting this fall I thought I was going to get a shot. I was even at full draw once, but just before entering a shooting lane at 40 yards, they (4 yotes) sensed something and turned around. Another time I had one at 40 yards but it was too dark to really see the yote, let alone a sight pin.

I think I'll be getting the HP out if we ever get some snow.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:44 PM

Good luck trying, I think i'm up for the challenge this winter. I do not expect to be very successful but who knows.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:48 PM

ksbowman, I am hoping to maybe call in a couple and get some good shots on them. I don't think I am gonna hunt them out of a blind, maybe a blind that is built out of sticks, not a pop up.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Banned

We are going to try to bowhunt them this winter.I am a coyote caller and have called several up to 10 ft from me and I have also had some hangup at 200 yds out. Ihave always hunted them with a high power but we want to film bowhunts on them now by using a double bull blind. I know blinds don't cause much concern with them as I have had them come within 10' of my blind when calling in turkeys in the spring. Plus, for a bowkill I think the blind will help contain scent and hide the camera so that the yotes willl come in close enough for a bowkill.Waiting for some real cold weatherand snow and we will get after it. I would practice out to 50 yds for sure.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Does not a coyote deserve the same ethics as a whitetail? If you can't or won't take a whitetail at a certain distance, does one really have the right to shoot a coyote at said distance?

buckhunter1980, practice out to your effective whitetail range and dicipline yourself accordingly.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like mobowhuntr, I'm an opportunist. I haven't set out to coyote hunt with my bow but I was fortunate enough to have one scamper by and meet it's doom with my arrow.

That bow yote was my first, I've since shot one with a rifle (a year later) out of the same treestand, same spot on the ground in fact and then the following spring, took one while turkey hunting. He busted two gobblers I had coming on a string, he made the mistake of continuing into my sweet calls.

Quick Reply: Coyote Huntin with a bow??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.