Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck >

POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

Old 01-05-2007, 06:44 AM

Default RE: POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

The Walmart stand is a little different. It doesn't relly look the same. It's based off of the Ol man design and it only cost me $80. I bought one for my son. I've hopped up and down on itand I weigh 210 and it has no problems.My son only weighs 100 so either way Ithink it will be fine for him. I think it's a good backup stand or nice to leave somewhereyou think it might get ripped off but It's not my first choice.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

losing a deer because YOU did something wrong is one thing but to lose one because of faulty equipment is another. Man that sucks. You'll get'em next time.[:@][:'(]
Old 01-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davidmil

It's so easy to blame the stand. Sorry you spooked the deer. It does happen It should have been checked and rechecked when you put it in. Besides that, they probably saw movement.
Learn to read. Just because you are old doesn't mean you are always right. They never got a chance to see movement because as soon as I put pressure on the bottom it broke and made a loud noise which spooked the deer. Should I have looked at it before- maybe. But it was less than 4 months old so maybe not. Oh it is a CLIMBER.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Every company will have products that fail. That is something that manufacturers of every product in the world have to deal with. I have summit, gorilla, and rivers edge stands and like them all. To be fair, I am a pretty small guy at only 150 pounds so maybe that has something to do with it.

MOARCHER, I don't think anyone was trying to put you down. They were just stating their opinions. I don't see the point in getting so upset. I do feel bad for you and hope you never have a product fail you and cost you a deer again or more importantly your safety.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep the stands with the rails for rifle hunting. Then next time you won't have to worry about standing up and having your bottom fall out.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: James Vee

Keep the stands with the rails for rifle hunting. Then next time you won't have to worry about standing up and having your bottom fall out.
This forum is just full of them....the people that just come here to start sh!t with others. You missed the whole point of the thread. Whether I stand or not to shoot is not the point of this thread- WAKE UP!!!!!!!!! The stand was only 4 months old and failed. I posted so others that have this stand know to check it, and others that are thinking about buying know that it will fail.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

that really sux
Old 01-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

And I posted just to get your goat....and it worked flawlessly.[8D]
Old 01-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: James Vee

And I posted just to get your goat....and it worked flawlessly.[8D]
Yeah it is working great for your credability on here. Grow up.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, Lone Wolf has never had a treestand recall. I've designed much of the products for Lone Wolf, so I know the specifics regarding this stuff.

As far as the bolt breaking on the stand. We use only grade 8 bolts, which have never been, and will never be the weakest point on any stand. The aluminum tubes will actually tear before the bolts will break from normal use. The only way you can break one of these bolts is if you allow them to loosen up, continue to use the product, which causes the bolt to bend and/or wear after time. This is the only possible way a bolt can break on these stands. We've got the TMA test data to prove this.

As far as noise is concerned, well, Lone Wolf slogan is "Your silent partner", that pretty much says it all.

Quick Reply: POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.