Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Skyline Camo...seriously. >

Skyline Camo...seriously.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Skyline Camo...seriously.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Skyline Camo...seriously.

I have skylines apparition pattern in fleece garments made by Raven wear. Great pattern in my opinion,and the quality of Raven Wears fleece is excellent.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:37 PM

Is that to track down skyline chili? I've heard it can be a real booger to find in the woods[8D]
Old 12-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I've used it for years. They're now starting to offer it in other fabrics. If you go to their site you can download the catalog and see it all. They have insulated, fleece, scent lok,... you name it. THe thing I like about them is they also make some nice waterproof boonie hats. I'm a boonie-holic. I really like their basic Apparition when the leaves fall and also in some brushy or ground blind situations. You just get lost in a golden rod field or an alder swamp. I bought two sets of GreenXT this year. It's not my favorite. Sorry, I lost all my pictures of me in it that Len took a couple years ago when my hard drive crashed. Blends well with pine park too.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some apparition and I really like it when the woods turns brown. It is effective on the ground and in the trees.

I go paintballing with some friends in the woods sometimes and they hate it when I wear my apparition. They tell me if I don't move they cannot see me. I blend in with the leaves and bushes.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've use Skyline for a long time. It blends well with the hardwood hills here in WV.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have some of the Skyline Apparition ( shirts - n - pants ) and I really like the way it blends in.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny I came across this thread; I just referenced Skyline in responding to HCH's question about another pattern. I thought everyone had forgot about Skyline...

I've always been impressed with their product, and LOVED the original Apparition. I searched their site, and it doesn't look like it's available anymore... just an Apparition 2.0 which is a good bit "busier" if memory serves me correctly, though still good.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

I made a post about this camo in one of the gear forums about 2 months ago and only got one reply.

From what I've seen, I really like the Apparition XT pattern that they have out now. I currently just picked up some predator for my late season camo, but might have to get some Skyline for the earlier season when there is still some "green" in the woods. Wish we had some more field pics of the Skyline camo, but I think we get the point.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm with you GregMo, I really loved the old original apparition. I bought the Green XT last spring for turkeysand it's definitely busy. I ask you in another thread but you never replied, which of the Predators do you find most effective, when and why.... the grey or the brown???? I got to pick up a set of that stuff.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you wish to talk about Predator, please make another thread as to not hijack M.Hensler/PA's thread. He would't appreciate it any more than HCH on his Sticks and Limbs thread, thanks.