Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Safety Harness.... >

Safety Harness....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Safety Harness....

Old 12-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Safety Harness....

I use the one that came with the Gorilla treestand. The ones that come with the really cheap stands are junk!
Old 12-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in the same boat. I bought a Summit Viper "Goliath" Model back in the fall of 2005, and have been using the safety harnes that came with the stand. They have sent me a "recall" on that harness, and sent me a brand new one, but I still don't care for that harness system. Looking at the vest system, but neevr tried one, how do you guys like them? Or do you prefer a Harness sytem?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Hunter Safety system. Make sure you get the newer model with the seat belt type latches. Don't buy the mesh one. Not only does it cost $20 more but the mesh gets caught on tree bark. THe vest is easy to put on, stays out of your way and is secure with a break away tether that slows your fall if you take the big plunge. It has slash and small velcro pockets to hold things like range finder, grunt tube, The Can etc. I've had 3 different types and brands to include all mentioned above. The Hunters Safety System is the best.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Hunter Safety system. The Hunters Safety System is the best.
Agreed..no tangles.. no trying to figure it out in the dark woods.

Put it on..4 buckles later..attach to tree andyour assafe as in your mommas arms.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay... I had a question along on the same subject. I'm used to wearing a saftey belt, rather than full harness. I can see the obvious reasons why the harness is overall consideredmore safe. But do they still have just a standard saftey belt, without the full harness, or is this something which is no longer allowed for the TMA standard? Thanks
Old 12-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Don't buy the mesh one. Not only does it cost $20 more but the mesh gets caught on tree bark.
Now David.....you're trying to talk me out of getting one of these.....and I had my heart set. If I'm hunting hardwoods EXCLUSIVELY.....would you STILL hesitate to get the pro mesh? I'm thinking I want the mesh for the early season, here. It gets awful warm, at times.

jeff
Old 12-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hunter Safety System vest seems too bulky or heavy to me. I just use the harness that came with my Viper. I put it on under my camo and it only takes 30 seconds to put on. Use the rope and prussic system and up I go.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Dominant Buck

GMMAT: The mesh still gets caught on little dimmples and pimples of bark that protrude from hardwoods. I thought I had to have one for warm weather hunting. I already had the material HSS. I gave my old one to my nephew. Now I have to live with the mesh getting snagged once in a while when you lean back against the tree. I hunt mostly hardwoods too. A cure, put it on under your outer shirt/jacket, but then you loose the convenience of the pockets. It's just a concern at times, the snagging. It has made noise at times too.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Spike

Hunter Safety System, BUT I experimented by allowing my full weight to be suspended and the belts around each leg puts a huge strain on the groin area. I surely wouldn't want to be suspended for any long period of time in this position. Other than that it is very easy to put on and is very confortable.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

David:

If you're not happy.....I might buy it from you. I need to get one.....so I could get you a fabric one and trade (if yours isn't too worn).

Your call.

The only time I'd wear it on the outside.....is in the early season.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Safety Harness....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.