Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who is still hunting? >

Who is still hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is still hunting?

Old 12-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who is still hunting?

Just let the air out of another beautiful mature doe yesterday. Still hunting here in IL. Man these does are hard to hunt this time of year.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:10 PM

Our season ends Feb 15th.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:11 PM

I'll be back out this saturday our late season starts after Christmas! I can't wait to get back out there. I guess the best way to hunt now is to hunt the food sources right?
Old 12-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually have been out a bunch in the past few days. I had gotten discouraged after not seeing a lot of deer recently and all the geese flying over made it hard to sit in the stand rather then the goose blind. I went out about a week ago and saw some good deer movement. I have seen a lot of deer in the past week and actually took a doe this morning. I'm headed out again in the morning for a short Christmas hunt before i have to head to grandmas for Christmas
Old 12-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

One more weekend of Bowhunting, and an added CWD eradication weekend with the gun. Since the freezer is full I will donateany meat to help feed the hungry.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 12-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Im still hunting, I have til Jan. 11 in Illinois and til Jan.15 here in Missouri. Ill be hunting in my favorite doe hotspots for more meat for the freezer, but Im not counting out a good buck showing up.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Banned

We need REAL cold weather and snow to push the deer back into the timber. When the guns start banging they learn real quick to lay out on fencelines and wide open places where they can see and to stay out of the timber as that is where man is. It is going to be tough hunting until the cold and snow make them seek the protection of the timber. The weather here in IA has been unusually warm.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Our season opens again here in Pa'sWMU 5-D tomarrow and runsuntil Jan. 27th. I have killed 2 bucks,one 300lb 8pt from Alberta (getting mounted),a 6pt non-typical and a doe from Pa so far. My best season, by far!The game isn't over till the fat lady sings! I saw 11 deer on Sat evening, but no shot opps. I'll be outagain in the morning to try for another doe!
I can't get enough of this bowhunting whitetails! I'm sure most of you feel the same way. Anyway, good luck to those still hunting and have a safe and happy Holliday season.

Old 12-25-2006, 08:56 AM

I am just a little burnt out..just a little. When gun season is over, the deer go nocturnal big time. But I am still hard at it. I know of 2 nice bucks still roaming my area.
After spend sometime with the family for the Holidays, back in the woods. Here in Oklahoma, we can hunt buck/doe until Dec.31st. Jan1st-15th, Doe Only.
---------------------
Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

I am going to try to get out a couple more times this year. I doubt I will get to go out today though. I think I am heading back home this afternoon

Quick Reply: Who is still hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.