Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No Way

Old 12-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default No Way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Squp...ed&search=

Watch that video. There is no way that the deer would let him get that close. It looked right at him and didn't even move. Do you think it was a tame deer or maybe even drugged? This really doesn't seem like hunting to me, and I think it is disgusting.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: No Way

That must be that look that deer give when wearing Enigma camo.

You know "It appears that they are just staring right through you."

Just kidding guys but I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for a cheap shot. Don't want to highjack the thread.

It looks like it would be something that would happen in a high fenced hunting ranch. Doesn't look like much of a challenge, ehh?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That video does seem a bit suspicious but I have walked up on wild deer like that before, but much much slower.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've done the same thing several times but didn't shoot. Them babies don't know what to be afaid of. Kill them and wipe the milk off it's mouth.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I've done the same thing several times but didn't shoot. Them babies don't know what to be afaid of. Kill them and wipe the milk off it's mouth.
A fawn like that, absolutely possible and not sporting, IMO.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:47 PM

Yeah, Thats hard to belive he got that close
Old 12-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

You won't walk up to a deer like that and have it just stand there, where I hunt! That's for damn sure.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

I am not trying to open up a can of worms here, would it make a difference if he was in a treestand? or if the deer had a huge rack? What if he was a new bowhunter and that was his first deer? (BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU SHOOT) Personally, I would not take a shot like that,but if he was legal....and had the proper tags, other than the fact that it was a young deer its still meat in the freezer. The shot was just about perfect. When we go into the woods with our bows, we are not there to pick dandelions, and thats pretty much the same sight anyone of has when the arrow hits its mark. Just seems like bowhunters slapping each other for what we do.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do not have to agree with way some people choose to hunt, but I do have to respect their choice of what they shoot.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say it is a tame deer. We were at a park a couple of weeks ago and it was just before dark and we were leaving. We were driving down a black top road with houses and cabins on both side of the road and I saw a doe and two fawns. They were about 50 feet from the road and just walked around the corner of a building. I stopped and backed up and the doe was just eating some short vegetation right next to the building. She acted as if we weren't even there. I could have stepped out of the pickup with a bow and shot her right there. The deer in that video I would say has been around where there are people and learned not fear them. Kind of sad if you ask me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.