Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Botched poaching attempt.... >

Botched poaching attempt....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Botched poaching attempt....

Old 12-18-2006, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Botched poaching attempt....

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Trust me, I know it for a fact.
If that's so can't you do something about it, testamony maybe after they were chargedafter a statement from you?
No, I can't. It was shot at night and I know who did it. But for some reason when these things are done the COs turntheir head. I have complained about it a number of times because it has happened right outside my camp. I have seen the headlights and heard the shots less than 50yrds away.

BTW, this was in Canada.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could hear screaming from my neighbors house one time in N.C. I didnt know them,they were new.It was about midnight and all the fighting woke me up.I got my 12GA and some buckshot and whet over to make sure she was o.k. (btw, I was@22 yrs old ) I went up the driveway and she met me, hiding behind me with a torn dress(she had the torn dress,not me)and crying.When the guy came after me, I but-stroked him with the shotgun and he was out.I asked her if she wanted to call the police,she said HE already had!!! Im lucky i didnt get shot or go to jail myself that night! I thaught i knew what was going on,But i had it all backwards?Dont jump to conclusions,mabe those guys were shooting wolves.[ quote]ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Trust me, I know it for a fact.
If that's so can't you do something about it, testamony maybe after they were chargedafter a statement from you?
No, I can't. It was shot at night and I know who did it. But for some reason when these things are done the COs turntheir head. I have complained about it a number of times because it has happened right outside my camp. I have seen the headlights and heard the shots less than 50yrds away.

BTW, this was in Canada.
[/quote]
Old 12-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

poachers suck! Sorry to hear that happened to you. That sure was a good looking deer!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:12 PM
dws

Dan, If the game wardens don't want to do anything about it, you should let them know you pay their wages and you expect some service. Also let them know you don't have any problems with going up the ladder until you find someone who will make them do their job.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dws has good advice.
ORIGINAL: dws

Dan, If the game wardens don't want to do anything about it, you should let them know you pay their wages and you expect some service. Also let them know you don't have any problems with going up the ladder until you find someone who will make them do their job.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:45 PM

OK, here's the deal. This buck was shot by some Native Americans at night with a spotlight. Which in my area of Canada is totally illegal if they do it off the reservation. I have had them come down my road numerous times and shoot deer after dark with spotlights, and sometimes only yards from my gate. I have complained to the wardens many times. Their response is that they have tried to convict them numerous times, but to no avail. So they gave up. I know exactly who did it, but there is nothing that will be done.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I realy wish i could call B.S. on this story,it would be arround here.But everything is differant wherever you go.I do know this for a fact though.Sooner or later,every habitual law breaker gets caught.It sounds like Dan and the DFG could use some help nabbing these dudes.The land right outside your gate is getting hit,so what do you think it will take to draw them inside the gate.1deer,2deer? If i can get a coyote to put his neck in a snare,I think i can get a human to put the cuffs on himself(Its all about speaking the language)

OK, here's the deal. This buck was shot by some Native Americans at night with a spotlight. Which in my area of Canada is totally illegal if they do it off the reservation. I have had them come down my road numerous times and shoot deer after dark with spotlights, and sometimes only yards from my gate. I have complained to the wardens many times. Their response is that they have tried to convict them numerous times, but to no avail. So they gave up. I know exactly who did it, but there is nothing that will be done.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:48 AM

Got a good lesson in how poachers can ruin a season this year--but a couple of them are paying dearly as a result.( I called the DNRand they were arrested--I didn't shoot them!--Thought I might need to clarify)We all need to go after this problem hard. Frustrating is an understatement.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know,if someone goes out on his own land and smokes one every now and then and eats them,I dont even have an opinion on the subject.Its the ones that go on other peoples land,or public land,that realy get me upset.Mabe im just greedy.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: furgitter

I realy wish i could call B.S. on this story,it would be arround here.
Forgetter,
This is the absolute last time I will respond to you, in any post for any reason. It has become clear to me that you are just trying to be a pain in my arse from this post and other posts. You are absolutely clueless on the situation. I posted the pics because I thought some might be interested in seeing them. Now I have to justify why these guys are not behind bars to you? I don't think so.

Speaking of calling B.S., whats the name of your animal control company?

Quick Reply: Botched poaching attempt....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.