Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Emu

Old 11-27-2002, 07:27 PM

Default RE: Emu

Going white tail and Emu hunting in the morning. I'll be sure to post a picture of that ugly bird if I get him!
Old 11-27-2002, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

For those who have not seen an Emu here are some.
This pic was taken back home in Australia.
These are wild birds.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 11-28-2002, 08:55 AM

Scow, been there done that this year. We saw a wild emu on our hunting property and my dad shot it with his bow. He hit it a little infront of the thigh and a little high, and the bird went down quickly, after running maybe 20 yards. I was told if I saw an emu not to shoot it, because those things are no fun to skin! Hope this helped, and I hope you get your big turkey (that's about all an emu is) with a quick, humane kill. One last thing, a co-worker of my dad's hunts with us and he just moved down from New Hampshire... he said our deer are small but our turkeys are huge!!!

-Timba

Preserve your hunting rights- Spay or neuter a liberal
>>>---------->
Old 11-28-2002, 06:05 PM

My hunting buddy saw the Emu on his way off the ranch this morning and called me on the radio to let me know. I made tracks for the area and lurked about but didn't see it.

Thanks for posting the photo of the Emu, our Austrailian friend! I cant get over the mental image of your method of EMu hunting! Probably bust out laughing if I tried it!

I'll skin all day if that is what it takes to get to the good part!
Old 11-28-2002, 06:41 PM
pup

i think iw ould go with a neck shot i know that work great on turkeys and it look slike it wwould be a pretty easy target..

small but deadly
Old 11-29-2002, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

I see you.

Old 11-29-2002, 06:49 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-29-2002, 06:59 PM
pup

what does one of those things way?

small but deadly
Old 11-29-2002, 11:12 PM

they're not real small...my neighbor has one in a pen that keeps getting out...the last time it got out he caught it behind my house by throwing a lasso around its neck....man if was fookin hallarious. the thing went nuts it was jumping straight up in the air and yanking the guy about 5 ft off of the ground. think i would have used a longer rope....LOL
Old 07-04-2022, 05:16 PM
Spike

Emus are the biggest birds in the Land Down Under, but these 2-meter creatures are smaller than ostriches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.