Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What made you become a bowhunter....... >

What made you become a bowhunter.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What made you become a bowhunter.......

Old 12-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What made you become a bowhunter.......

haha i agree with uncballers45 except i didnt have a gun, bows are just cooler

PS: he lives right next to me
Old 12-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get to hunt more and get to hunt before gun hunting scares the beh-jesus outa the deer, although I still gun hunt and love it too..

But bow is more ofa challengeand gets you much more up close and personal to the deer. Takes more skill and just becomes an addiction.. I just love it.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good question TreeDreamer
I like being in the woods and watching all wildlife got into hunting 12 years ago but didn't care much for shotguns , thought it was to easy and loud.
Always liked the idea of bowhunting whitetails like the indians did so I took bow in hand and practiced now it'sthe only way I hunt.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Initially it was the 3 month season, instead of 2 weeks for gun. Now that I'm addicted I'll hunt with the bow during gun season.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Got my start hunting quail with my family when I was 6 years old. The quail population really went down about the time deer started showing up in our parts when I was 12 years old. So, we started to hunt deer duringgun season. I get a bow a few years later and it's all over. With the exception of opening weekend of gun season, I strictly bowhunt.

To answer your question, the challenge to get close to deer and getting a chance at a trophey whitetail is what keeps me coming back.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

I was at a buddies house chatting with him. I looked up in his garage on the shelf and seen an old bow laying there. I think it was an old browning, sucker must have weighed7-8 lbs. Had the old metal sights, The tips were painted diff colors.No peep sight. We'll I asked to barrow it. Shot it for a while. Since I lived on the edge of town I talked to my nieghbor about putting a stand back by the creek. Had a nice eight point coming in. I drew back and the deer stopped behind a tree.All I knew after about 30 sec is thatI wanted to shoot it, not hold it at full draw..[>:] so I let the bow down, then he came in about ten yrds away...shot under him and he took off. I knew I was hooked.then and there..[8D]
Next day took his bow back and went and bought a new one. Have taken deer every year, also let several walk What a rush and we all love the meat.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:17 PM

i have rifle hunted my whole life and it became to easy so i wanted something more of a challenge
Old 12-13-2006, 10:22 PM

born into it, my dad said that it's a thing from the past that we can still enjoy. Nothing like being at peece with nature, there is a lot of people who don't and will never understand that (too bad).
Old 12-14-2006, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

I always had older friends that hunted, gramps hunted and I was close to him. I started bowhunting because I could do it at 14 in NY as opposed to 16 w/ the gun, and a passion was found. I got a deer the first day ever hunted w/ a bow the adrenalin rush is still fresh in my mind even though its been 24 yrs
Old 12-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seeing more deer, calmer woods and season extender.

Tom

Quick Reply: What made you become a bowhunter.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.