Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are they here? (peta) >

Are they here? (peta)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are they here? (peta)

Old 12-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are they here? (peta)

Wow, what timing this thread had!

Have you seen the crap in the general hunting forum?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:23 PM

Did you hear about when PETA stormed a mink fur plant in Canada I think i might be getting my facts wrong but i know when they let all the animals out they just went a few hundred feet and died because it was so cold these people do not know what they are doing.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:12 PM

I belong to people eating tasty animals (PETA)
Old 12-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

somebody should put that video of Pen and Teller proving all the bad PETA does.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:07 AM

i know of a very old lady who tresspasses all the time and get by with it because of her age . not a big deal but she soaps trees about every 20 yrd for a hour or 2 and repeats this 2 or 3 times a week in dif. locations.
to me this is very wrong and if it is true about repelling game "soap" she is hurting the eco system and hunters rights
Old 12-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, PETA does surf this sight. That's why it would be a good idea to be aware of what "we" post. No need insupplying them with something they can use against us.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

I remember a post on here before that was from a PETA site, it was about a hunter who was killed tragectly after falling from a deer stand, on the site these people were laughing about it, and saying things like " great one less killer in the world" its just wrong that another person could be happy about that! It's just terrible. Hunting isn't just a sport for fun, it also is a animal population management, otherwise people would end up hitting more with cars, and alot more dying of starvation. I just don't know how you can get it through to people though.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening weekend we had at least 4 cars go around are entire area and blast their horns. Then later on in the day we had another car go my screaching his tires every 100ft. Since I wasn't far off the road, I just waved to them. Come on peta, do you really think doing that will scare deer out of the area. Answer this, do deer get off the road when you blast your horn? No exactly so what do you think your doing???

Just another case of those people not thinking.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:25 AM

It is illegal to harrass hunters in NY.. I found this out from a neighbor of mine which happens to be a NYS trooper
Old 12-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nwochuck

I belong to people eating tasty animals (PETA)
back in the late nineties my brother built a website called P.E.T.A(People Eating Tasty Animals...) Didn't take long before PETA started with the legal assault...

I have a shirt that says "There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... next to the potatoes and gravy..." I wear it as much as I can... I laugh at the expressions I get... And a time or two it's been a ice-breaker with people who don't hunt and who might otherwise become anti's... Especially those at church. Alot of the folks there hunt, but most don't as we're in the suburbs of houston. People get real squirrely when I present scripture to back it up. (like the quote in my sig)